Default transmission maintenance

Can anyone give me a step by step procedure on what needs to be done on the V drive transmission. Just wanted to keep up with the maintenance on it and want to know exactly what to do. Its an 07 outback v with the walters v drive. Thanks

search is your friend, so is the how to section

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10977
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by oddos2525 View Post
    Can anyone give me a step by step procedure on what needs to be done on the V drive transmission. Just wanted to keep up with the maintenance on it and want to know exactly what to do. Its an 07 outback v with the walters v drive. Thanks
    It's very simple - get an oil extractor such as the Pela 6000:

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/PEL...LAID=662761910

Remove the dipstick then stick the extractor tube into the dipstick hole making sure you get to the very bottom of the tranny. Suck out all the tranny fluid (you should get about 1.25 quarts) then refill with Dexron III or equivalent.

Done.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    It's very simple - get an oil extractor such as the Pela 6000:

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/PEL...LAID=662761910

Remove the dipstick then stick the extractor tube into the dipstick hole making sure you get to the very bottom of the tranny. Suck out all the tranny fluid (you should get about 1.25 quarts) then refill with Dexron III or equivalent.

Done.
    I just did mine today ('08 22SSV), I got about 1.75 qts out of it with the extractor, it holds 2 qts of ATF Dextron III. Be careful not to confuse the transmission with the V-drive. They are two seperate units, the V-drive will hold 1 qt and uses 30W engine oil.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    I just did mine today ('08 22SSV), I got about 1.75 qts out of it with the extractor, it holds 2 qts of ATF Dextron III. Be careful not to confuse the transmission with the V-drive. They are two seperate units, the V-drive will hold 1 qt and uses 30W engine oil.
    I'm not confusing the two. My tranny took 1qt, 10 oz (to be exact) to the fill line after I sucked out the fluid. Our trannies might be a little different, or I did not get as much out of it as I should have.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV