Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got to check out some 2011's first hand

Atlanta Marine has a pretty good inventory of 2011 Supra & Moomba boats on the lot right now and since it was a cool 85 degrees last week when I picked up the boat from being winterized I had to check 'em all out.

The Supra 242 is AMAZING! They were prepping it to take out for a SC photo shoot and I got to help put on the swivel racks and my 2 1/2 yr old son got to test out the MB Quartz stereo. It was very impressive and was very clean and very loud. My impression of the overall fit and finish was that this boat is on par with anything out there. The lines are even better in person. I would like to see how it comes off in a different color scheme. Note the SeaDek swim platform cover in 3rd pic.

Also checked out the 2011 Moombas on the lot and the new tower. Very cool in person, looks like some great improvements over the Malibu Illusion model and flows well with the lines of the boat. The interior has some nice improvements with more bolster and contour on the seatbacks and a new carbon fiber look as well as black piping vs the gray. It all comes together very well.

While I've never before seen the HydroTurf material, I believe that this what is coming on the Moomba swim platforms versus the SeaDek. Looks like a huge improvement over the past OEM black rubber style pad, bud I didn't think it felt as "plush" as the SeaDek that I have on my boat.

Thankfully, I was smart enough to take my wife with me when I went to pick our boat up. Yeah, she liked the 242, but this LSV caught her eye! C'mon boat show specials!!!

Some subtle upgrades to the Outback graphics.

Moomba needs to upgrade their hulls. The wakes are falling way behind in the competition. I can see me in an Axis A22 in the future.

That 242 is just EYE CANDY isn't it?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Like that LSV for some strange reason
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Moomba needs to upgrade their hulls. The wakes are falling way behind in the competition. I can see me in an Axis A22 in the future.
    I agree. As long as they can do so with out a big price increase. I'd like to see the LSV be a little deeper.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Wolf,
    I love that blue/black/white LSV. That black lower hull would help hide the crud that gets on the hull after sitting in the water for a few days. I always clean mine in the morning before heading out. I do not want to be seen with a dirty hull. I love that boat!!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Good looking lineup top to bottom. Thanks for the pics!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

One thing i was able to check out on the new Moomba LSV was the Perfect Pass system now shows % of water in the bags. Found that to be nice if you do not fill them all the way up.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill