Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Financing is not difficult for a boat with good credit. In my experience credit unions have always been the lowest rate. Also, boat insurance varies. I pay $425 per year but my rate is a little more because mine is not stored at my residence although it is stored indoors in a climate controlled unit. A boat will show more age if stored in the water for extended periods. Being in the water or stored on a slip will expose the boat to more moisture, humidity, and condensation. All this will add to the aging of the carpet, electrical, vinyl, etc.
    Last edited by you da man; 11-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Financing was extremely easy with good credit. One weird aspect - I got a lower rate for a longer term, but no penalties for paying off early. So even though I want to pay off ASAP, it didn't make sense to get financed for less than 8 years because the interest rate was almost 4% higher.... I guess the bank is trying to entice you to pay off later so they make more $ in interest??

Also agree that you want to keep some money lying around in case of extra expenses... if you don't currently have any equipment it can add up, along with all the extra "must haves" you find along the way. Not to mention the gas money... phew... "My boat runs on gas not thanks!!!!!"

I trailer the boat so can't help there.

And 4-5 feet sounds ok as long as the bottom is nice and there aren't stumps or rocks sticking up. Just be careful and get to know the water first. And no submarin-ing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68AOltMu768

Thanks for the info guys.

I will most likely finance the boat down with 10k, for 10 years, and pay off early. I'm not fan of getting into debt. Just bought a house on the water and even with 21% down, it still is too much debt for me.

The lake I will be living on, has 2 main parts, and those each are 50 feet deep or though, except between them, is about 5 feet deep passage. I've been on the lake. I'll just make sure not to wake surf through there, or start out.

One thing I really like about the mobius LSV, is how all the ballast can be hidden. Looking around I also really am startin to like the Mobius LSV's cousin the Supra Launch 21v. Some used ones are selling for 30-35k now for 05-06s. I like that the 06 can program able perfect pass/ wakeplate for individual riders. That is very close in price to the mobius Lsv. But on the supra I do NOT like the tall freeboard like most do. I will be on a small lake that will never see waves more than 2 feet. The large freeboard make the boat look ackward to me.

What do you guys think of the 21v compared to the mobius LSV for about the same price?