Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Motorcycle License!

Mid-life crisis. Can anybody guess how many 40 year olds were in my weekend course?

Try about half.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    Mid-life crisis. Can anybody guess how many 40 year olds were in my weekend course?
    Try about half.
    How many were freshly divorced? Alimony. Child support. Life insurance makes him worth more dead and alive. He realises that impressing women in their mid-twenties has a priority now. Suddenly, the acceptable risk level goes up. He can't afford a boat. <brushes hands together> Mystery solved!
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Curious time of the year to start riding.

Be careful out there. So far, no incidents on the street. You know, there are those who have and those who will.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Here's me at 38yrs old hanging with the youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    How many were freshly divorced? Alimony. Child support. Life insurance makes him worth more dead and alive. He realises that impressing women in their mid-twenties has a priority now. Suddenly, the acceptable risk level goes up. He can't afford a boat. <brushes hands together> Mystery solved!
    Not quite sure what ur sayin.. I've been on a bike for 4 years now and love it.. and fwiw. 42, recently divorced, younger gf, and I both own a boat and ride a zx6r... no alimony and never had/won't be havin kids.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post

Try about half.
    Oh ya, forgot to ask.... whay u buyin to ride??

I've been riding street bikes for about 10yrs now and competed at the amateur club level for 3yrs. Motorcycle riding is a good way to clear your mind if you have some good open, twisty coutry roads. I can't stand to ride in town...what's the point...you're just putting yourself in an environment to be in an accident from the cagers that don't pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Not quite sure what ur sayin..
    I mean that the bike is the first step in the mid-life crisis chain of acquisitions. The next step is either a boat or a Porsche.

I never waited for a mid-life crisis. I went straight for the boat! It can carry a lot more people, whether or not they consitute eye candy. I did have to consciously restrain myself a few times from getting into motorcycles. There is no denying the fun available at any age.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

never really thought of a bike as a mid-life crisis rig. Most of the people that I know that have bought bikes "later" in life either were now financially able to, kids were old enough that they didn't feel guilty taking a ride on a weekend afternoon, tired of putting gas in a thirsty rig, or thinking "green" and wanting better mpg, but I can see the finger being pointed quickly at mid-life-crisis by those that either don't want or can't have one

for me, as da man states, it's about taking a ride through the twisties carving some canyons and forgetting all about your daily life.. makes a good escape.

Had 2 bikes in my late 20's - early 30's with young kids. One scare on the freeway and the little one getting upset if I moved it from the garage to the side walk without a helment on. Made me sell it. But once they are in High School I will be getting a bike again. But this time not a sport bike.