Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yup I hit my mid life crisis at 25 I bought my bike in 2005 and the boat in 2010. I completely agree there is nothing like a twisty road to calm your nerves.

I also did this for a little while.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Mid-life crisis or not, these are some great photos that have been posted!
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

ya, I'd love to do a track day. group here head to miller motorsports park in utah several times a year, just haven't had the time yet. love to have a pic like that of my ride
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    I mean that the bike is the first step in the mid-life crisis chain of acquisitions. The next step is either a boat or a Porsche.
    LOL! I somewhat resemble this remark. About 13 years ago, after coming back from a lucrative overseas assignment, I bought a sport bike (CBR900RR) and a Porsche 911 (as well as an SUV and a house). I already had the boat, put it in storage for two years while on assignment, so at that point, I had all three. I was about 34 then. After a few years, the novelty of owing the motorcycle and the sports car wore off and I found that the reality of owning both did not live up to the idea of it. So I sold the motorcycle and the sports car but kept the boat. A few years later, I replaced the boat with my current Moomba. The boating experience is legit and I have not tired of it yet, nor do I think I ever will

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

cab, couldn't have said it any better on the car vs boat thing. had 2 evo's and sold them for the boat. the experience on the water is sooo much more enjoyable than owning a nice car..

although I won't ever give up the bike; the boat, in some form or another, will never leave either
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Never had the mid-life bit. Rode motorcycles from eight years old until 51, well over thirty of them at last count. Finally had my fill of them and all the idiots on the road. I rode everything, including some a lot of you never even heard of i'm sure.

Also was heavy into hot rods and drag racing until around 28 or so, just grew out of that scene. Too many toys equals not enough time for everything you want to do, consequently you never really fully appreciate any of it imo.

Now it's all about the relaxing and the grandsons, watching them board and have fun on the water.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Here is an older pic at Buttonwillow. I don't have any recent actions shots at the track, have lots of video.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thumbs up

This was taken at Thunderhill Raceway in Norcal May 2009 - Bike is a 1995 Honda VFR - I bought it new in 1995. I think it about 120K on it when I did this track day!

The wife surprised me in November of 2009 with an early XMAS present - a Blue 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1! I haven't done any track days on it yet, but should be able to get at least one in next year sometime.

Sold the VFR in December - that was a sad day. I just couldn't justify having two motorcycles.

So, I guess you could say my midlife crisis started at 37, and is still going strong at 52!

Cool

Awesome pictures guys.

My bother's new bike precipitated this event - he got a new Victory Vegas and offered his learner bike to me if I got my licence before the end of the year. Closed the cottage two weeks ago and finally got time to spend a weekend taking the course. We rode in flurrie on Sunday morning.

I had a RZ350 and rode a couple of friend's GSXR 750s when I was in my 20s. Getting a 1984 GPZ 550 for free and I'm going to ride that for a year until insurance mellows and my wife gets used to the idea. Then maybe a BMW sport cruiser or Harley ...who knows.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Default Proud Owner of 1999 BMW K1200RS

Proud Owner of 1999 BMW K1200RS
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.