Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: tow vehilcle

Quote Originally Posted by LSV04 View Post
    I only need to pull boat out of low incline ramp, tow it 300 yards to my driveway, maybe 2 miles to Marina , that's it.

for me going to the same lake all the time (its about 3 miles away) gets boring-someday you will want/need to tow further. So someday you may want a truk you can tow with longer distance.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    I would probably guess that the V6 Ecoboost will run between the up charge cost of the 5.0V8 ($1000) and 6.2V8 (2560). But it is also suppose to out perform the 5.0V8. The justification for the up charge is probably there. I haven't talked to my dealer about the Ecoboost engine to see which models it will be available in, but I would hope that Ford will offer it through out the F150 line up just like the 5.0V8 is. Where as in the Taurus line up it is only available in the Sho, which is a fully loaded model.
    really can't wait to see what it will do, and like mentioned, long term testing will be interesting. turbo's generate a TON of heat and are prone to fail if not taken care of, especially in the demanding world of trucks. will be interesting to see if they have any turbotimers built in..

I would guess that, like the v-10, the ecoboost will be a "novelty" for the truck world irregardless of tow ratings and represent a very small segment of actual f150 sales. seems that most truck guys want v8's or diesel. buying something they don't understand will be a tough sell. where I see the ecoboost being a hit is in the 2wd sport truck market, especially after the tuners get their hands on it. bet there's another 50-100hp in that motor with some simple bolt-on's and tuning/flashing software.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My problem with turbo is the "rated" gas mileage. Car and Driver posted real world findings on all of the "better" turbo cars and their associated mileage, like the BMW 535 vs the 540 ( a turbo 6 vs a V-. In all cases the the V-8 got better milage on the HWY and close to the same in town.
    I have owned 2 turbo cars, Volvo S40 and S60R. Both were very reliable and no problems. The 1.9 I-4 only had 5 lbs of boost, which is how I see these new EcoBoost engines. With minimal boost amounts, there are few issues with heat. The larger surface areas of trucks lend themselves to heat transfer better than any car. Engine and tranny configurations do impact tow ratings, but the majority of it has to do with chassis/suspension.

I am very happy with American V-8 power, can't see any need for a V-6 turbo in my situation.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by LSV04 View Post
    Any help appreciated, I'm buying Saturday.
    It's Sunday now. So, what did you buy?
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

5 lbs of boost? Barely runnin. My last evo was runnin 32lbs and meth injected. Nothin like a turbo spinnin that kind of pressure. Do know what u mean on real world mpg's.. I was averaging 25 from a 2 liter.

I, as well would be curious on the purchase. That nissan would make a nice daily driver

I own a 2003 LSV, and I use a 2005 nissan frontier crew cab 4x4 6 cylinder to tow it. works like a charm, however, it isn't too good on fuel. This truck will tow this boat wherever you need it to, no problems, up hills, down hills, its all good. dont expect any huge gas savings compared to a 8 cylinder full size though, its just not that good on gas. it averages about 15 liters/100 km on the highway I have calculated, and this is back when i used to care about gas mileage and drove somewhat conservatively.

my next truck will be a full size titan or tundra

Wink

My next truck

Now that's just silly

Love it! An 07 - It's my daily tractor. Got it all washed/waxed before the snow Winter is officially here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet