Default tow vehilcle

Hey
    Finally narrowed it down
    2011 Small Silverado basically just a steering wheel. 21900
    or
    Nissan Frontier 2010 leftover 22000
    Loaded truck

Chevy or Nissan?

Do you think the Silverado 6 cyl is horrible on gas ?

Any help appreciated, I'm buying Saturday.
    Thanks.

are you pwi? vehilcle?????
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I know historically the Frontier was a little tough on gas. Not sure what motor is in there now though. What are you towing again?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What are you towing again?
    And I hope it isn't very far and I hope you do not live in an area with hills. I call BS on the Chevy with 9,100lb towing capacity and hope that tranny survives. I guess I would choose the Nissan. Fullsize Chevy with V6...kinda lame especially when towing. Is this going to be a daily driver as well? What kind of cab for the Nissan? Regular, extended, or crew?
    Last edited by you da man; 10-28-2010 at 09:59 PM.

A test drive while towing your boat (including at least one decent uphill) would be best.

Can either vehicle take regular gas while not towing?

All else being equal, I'd take the Nissan over the GM. You can expect them to have a similar useful lifetime, but with the Nissan needing less service until it's 6-8 years old. Here, I am of course extrapolating from the previous decade's truck/SUV products.

I recommend searching on user forums for these trucks to see what real-world mileage people are getting with them. It may be harder with the GM, since there are so many configurations.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What are you towing again?
    that was a joke right? cause otherwise I'd say an 04 LSV.......but the real test is towing it up a hill after the truck has 150k on it.....if we could only see into the future......buy the one ya like more, or the one that looks better with your boat behind it... but 8900 lb towing with a 4.3 litre......who are they kidding mind you the frontier has a 4.0 litre engine with a 6500 lb towing cap........a little more realistic.....but still underpowered if your doing alot of towing....but just my opinion.....
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I would walk away from both if you are towing an lsv unless you live 5 minutes from the ramp and it's a flat drive. neither one are going to really tow that boat well...

I would have to ask how long you plan on keeping the rig as well. resale is going to be MUCH MUCH better on the nissan than a full-size chevy with a v6. that chevy would sit for a year on a lot here.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

GO 8 or GO home

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCaron View Post
    GO 8 or GO home
    I would say go diesel or go home but at least an 8. Love my 2007 Dodge mega cab diesel but I'm practical as well. I commute 76 miles round trip to work, fortunately I work a 4 day work week and my work vehicle is a Saturn I got at auction for $2,000 and it gets 39-41mpg
    Last edited by you da man; 10-29-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Before we have to rehash the entire thing, please take note that this thread is a follow-up to an earlier one: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12979

I agree about the issue with the resale value. If you want to get a basic Silverado, get one that is a couple of years old and severely depreciated.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini