Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    But even still the new oem windshield with new holes would cover up the old ones , so just a little silicone to seal them would be all that would be needed
    True on that.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Talked to SC this morning, turns out this is legit, basically said word for word what the dealer told me. They said they dont carry 06 windshields, they use the 08, the footprint is the same but the frame is a little different and the holes wont always line up. He even said when they install them at the factory, every boat is different and they all need a little tweaking.
    I am glad I double checked, definatley puts my mind at ease.
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

good to hear its all legit
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Talked to SC this morning, turns out this is legit, basically said word for word what the dealer told me. They said they dont carry 06 windshields, they use the 08, the footprint is the same but the frame is a little different and the holes wont always line up. He even said when they install them at the factory, every boat is different and they all need a little tweaking.
    I am glad I double checked, definatley puts my mind at ease.
    Are they replacing just the glass or the frame too? I ask because I believe the windshields on the 2006 boat is different than the 2008 and the footprint is NOT the same. The sides of the windshield on the 2008 boats come farther back than on the 2006 (I noticed this on my 2006 LSV vs mmandley's 2008 LSV).

See the pics below which I got from the Moomba archives. Look at where the side of the windshield ends relative to the rear tower leg. I'm pretty sure the towers are identical between the two boats. So this would explain why the holes are not lining up.

2006 LS:

2008 LS:
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Picked up my boat on Saturday, pulled the cover off today to check out my new windshield...... I aint happy.
    At first it looked good, but then I took a closer look, first off the windshield looks used, very dirty and scratched up, there are dings and scrapes on the frame from the installer, and the biggest issue with it is the walkthrough window, there is a bumper on the top and bottom of the window and they are very long, and when the window is resting in the open position, the top bumper rests on the glass and the bottom bumper rest on the fiberglass. If I remember right, there should only be a bumper on the top that rests on the frame not the glass? Check out the pictures. I didnt get a picture yet of the metal shavings on the drivers armrest.
    I paid $2400 for this and it looks like crap in my opinion, the dealer doesnt open until Tuesday, and they are going to have an unhappy customer on their hands. I should have inspected it before I left the dealer but i probably wouldnt have caught it anyways (wouldn't have looked that close). Your opinions, should I be as angry as I am now?

Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

If that frame is supposed to be brand new, then that is some crappy work! Even if it is your old frame, you would expect them to clean it while it was apart. The glass looks dirty too, as you mentioned. I would not be happy at all!
    The scratches at the end of the frame are the worst! What were they doing to the frame and what tool did they do it with? Who is the dealer? Shame, shame!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

The whole thing is new, frame and glass. Should be showroom condition in my opinion.
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Are they replacing just the glass or the frame too? I ask because I believe the windshields on the 2006 boat is different than the 2008 and the footprint is NOT the same. The sides of the windshield on the 2008 boats come farther back than on the 2006 (I noticed this on my 2006 LSV vs mmandley's 2008 LSV).

See the pics below which I got from the Moomba archives. Look at where the side of the windshield ends relative to the rear tower leg. I'm pretty sure the towers are identical between the two boats. So this would explain why the holes are not lining up.

2006 LS:

2008 LS:

Al - It looks like the tower and windshield sit farther back in the 08 then the 06. If you look at the speaker in the boat, in the 06 it lines up with the rear tower foot and in the 08 it likes up with the end of the windshield.

Muzzy - I doubt that a windshield from SC would come looking that way. Kind of looks like they took the windshield off another boat and put it on yours. Based on the time it took to get parts from SC for my boat, I wonder if the dealer was told a longer time frame for getting the windshield then what they wanted for having the boat sitting in there shop, so they just took the windshield off another boat. Either way it sucks that the job was not doing correctly, I know i would be extremely upset if that happened to me.

Also if the dealer says the windshield is new, send the pics of it to SC and ask them if it looks new to them.
    Nate

You're paying new prices, so you should expect new quality work. You can clean the dirt and paint the frame, though you shouldn't have to. Clearly that walk-thru window bumper situation is out of control. That is the major issue IMO.

Can someone confirm where the bumpers rest on their windshield when the window is open (and maybe take a picture). I have been on a picture seach and some look like they may rest on the glass while others look like its on the frame. But havent seen a clear enough picture to be positive. Thanks.
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS