Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 06outback View Post
    Which do you prefer. Pros and cons of each. I am looking at buying a boat and would think injected would be the way to go but would like some opinions on the matter.
    Oh lord, here comes that can of worms again. Where are you located?

When I bought my 02 LSV I had to search for a few months to find a carb model. I personally did not want an EFI boat. The boat sits a lot and only get seasonal use so things tend to rust and deteriorate much quicker than a daily driver. With the Carb, Fuel pump and a distributor there is not much to go wrong and when it does, it is relativly easy and cheap to repair. No computer, no O2 sensors and no injectors to go bad. Does it get worse fuel mileage, of course, but it is a boat that I am going to load with 1600 lbs of ballast, what fuel mileage???? Also on the power ratings, 310hp vs 325hp/340hp, with the right prop you will not really notice the difference. If there was a 100hp+ difference, then I would worry about it. I have never had an issue with my boat and wish I could have the option of buying a 2011 with a carb still. I may be one of the few, but I have really enjoyed this setup. There is absolutely nothing wrong with EFI, I just prefer it it my car and not my boat....again no negatives towards EFI, just not my preference. Every year my boat has started with every turn of the key and always starts with just a few spins at the beginning of the summer after coming out of hibernation.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I am in TX. I think I am going to go ahead with the carburated outback I found. I drove a Pro Air Nautique but ended up not liking it very much at all.

We have a old family friend with a 1980 carbed boat and last I heard the carb was working just fine. Take care of it and it should last a lifetime.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart