Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I showed my wife the "tower in the living room" pic. She is definately one of the understanding ones, but she said that would be "pushing it"! I will keep that in the back of my mind for my own well being. What's a guy to do without a garage though?
    Without a garage? I don't know. You can't put a tower on in most garages. The tower came nice and clean in a couple of boxes so I wanted to put most of it together and get familiar with all the parts before I pulled the boat out of the garage in Feb. to put it on. I think she was happy I didn't bring the boat in the house.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    I thought I would post some pictures of my Seadek pad (Storm grey over black). I am also adding pieces of Hydroturf to areas of the boat. I started with the inside of the glovebox.

Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Cut. I've used it all over my boat. I love it. I'm half tempted to do my entire floor in the stuff. Great stuff.
    I need carpet this year and been thinking very seriously about doing the entire floor in mine as well. I would like a custom seadek floor, I really like the faux teak look but dont know how it would look.
    99 Moomba Outback with lots of work

Here is the bow floor done with the same grey molded diamond pattern.

The downfall of doing a piece this large is getting the lines straight. Now, what to do with the rest of sheet of material?
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

That looks great! I wish my whole floor was that material...

I like it! I've been using some tool drawer liner and did the same thing but it keeps moving around. Need to get some stuff with adhesive (seadek and/or hydroturf) to replace it so it's somewhat permanent. Looks good.

PS.....leaning towards the hydroturf due to you and Newty's comments. Got some samples coming

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    Here is the bow floor done with the same grey molded diamond pattern.

The downfall of doing a piece this large is getting the lines straight. Now, what to do with the rest of sheet of material?
    How do you like having that part of the floor done? I am thinking about doing mine with the same faux teak that I have on the swim platform. I just don't like the fact that there is no traction on that stock floor, everything slides on it.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

wish the floor was covered with that rather than the carpet it has now
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    How do you like having that part of the floor done? I am thinking about doing mine with the same faux teak that I have on the swim platform. I just don't like the fact that there is no traction on that stock floor, everything slides on it.
    Its hard for me to give you an accurate opinion. Reason being, that while doing this project, I have already put my boat away for the season. It is parked in the garage, unable to be pulled out so no daylight. I just need to see it in the sun, but that wont be until spring.

I do like how the floor is colored now instead of the white gelcoat. The white is definately slick when wet. I also like how this mat will not show footprints, cause its not white. No matter how much I enforce it, someone will alway wear their shoes/sandles in the boat to sit down and then take them off.

I wish I would have made a full size template instead of just measurments. I did my glovebox with a template and I thought the edges turned out better. My lines on the floor piece are just a little off, you cant see it in the picture, but a template would have helped.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

How does this hold up with the mold and mildew? Like right now my boat seems to get little mold spots in the carpet. So I have to clean these spots each time I take the cover off.
    2006 Mobius LSV

My carpet is only 1 year old, but already I want to replace it. (Gel-coat deck (versus carpet) should be an option on the outback.) In any event, I expect to replace all the carpeting in the next few seasons with something like Seadeck or Hydroturf. I would keep it light colored for confort in the hot sun. I am interested in how this has worked for others who may have installed this material in place of carpeting. Keep us posted if anyone is undertaking that project.... Thanks.
    2010 Outback