Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Seadek & Hydroturf

I thought I would post some pictures of my Seadek pad (Storm grey over black). I am also adding pieces of Hydroturf to areas of the boat. I started with the inside of the glovebox.

2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Is that Hydroturf "molded" diamond or "cut" diamond?
    Looks good!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Cut. I've used it all over my boat. I love it. I'm half tempted to do my entire floor in the stuff. Great stuff.

PWI as usual...

Actually newty its Molded Diamond. I got samples of both, cut and molded diamond, and they are pretty close, the groves in the molded are smooth and more defined. Really like that they send out samples of their product. Much easier to decide color and texture with a sample in hand.

I got the turf with the pre-applied glue as well, so just cut to shape and size with scissors, then peal and stick. I did take some medium-course sand paper to the edges to get rid of the scissor marks. Not sure if I will put any on the top deck, but I am planning on doing the floor of the front where it is not carpeted. Then I will see how much I have left.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Just off hand..........how does it compare in price to a sheet of seadek? I'm wanting to do the floor in the bow, transom, and then along the tops of the gunwale for stepping in and out of the boat.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I see three scenarios here:

1-You have a really nice wood floor in your garage.
    2-You don't have anyone to explain your actions to (swim deck in the dining room?)
    3-Your significant other is very understanding/ supportive.

Either way, nice choice on the seadek and I like the hydroturf. I am thinking of all the ways I could use that stuff on the boat.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Viking, Hydroturf is cheaper than Seadek. The molded diamond pattern is the second most expensive stuff Hydroturf sell next to their two-tone stuff. A similar size sheet of Seadek would be about $50 more than what I ordered. If you choose Hydroturf, I would recomend that you just request a color sample before you order anything (its free), that way you know what color/texture you want and its simple, can be done right on their web site. I requested a couple, and they sent all the ones I requested.

Moombahighrider, no wood floor in the garage, I do have to explain what I do to the significant other sometimes, but she understands

I'll add more pictures later as my work progresses. Now onto doing the bow floor.

LOL! Man after my own heart. Did you ever see my "tower in the living room" pic? (see link below) My wife is the very definition of "understanding". Glad you have one too.

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?a...&pictureid=382
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I showed my wife the "tower in the living room" pic. She is definately one of the understanding ones, but she said that would be "pushing it"! I will keep that in the back of my mind for my own well being. What's a guy to do without a garage though?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    Actually newty its Molded Diamond.
    Like I said Molded Diamond... kinda hard to tell unless you have it in front of you but I can see how the lines are a little smoother now that you say that.

I've got strips of the stuff on the gunwale and on the transom to protect from traffic and boards. I'm trying to decide whether or not to use it on the floor. I If I did it would be in black an I don't know if it would be too hot in the sun. The pad didn't seem to heat up too bad last summer.

PWI as usual...