Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My carpet is ok but it needs to be cleaned... like really cleaned badly! When i bought the boat i took my high pressure washer to it and then used the vacuum to suck up the water. That helped but i'd love to replace it with hydroturf... escpecially the diamond cut.. that looks really nice. I wonder how hard it would be to pull that carpet off and replace it???

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Not sure how hard it is to remove the carpet, but the hydroturf is really easy to install.

Coming from a jetski background, hydroturf is common to lay on stand up jetskis in the rear as the foot mat. Most kits are pre-cut, and you just glue with contact cement. Dap or other.

Very resistant to water, sun, and mildew. It does look nicer if you spray it down once in a while, and clean it with soap. Will rip and cut if you drag something sharp and heavy on it. Like a sharp waterski fin. But this depends on the surface you pick. Diamond, or smooth. There are a bunch on the hydroturf website.

On the hydroturf, I think I saw an option to have it already inclue the sticky backing. Did you go that route or use your own double sided tape?

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    On the hydroturf, I think I saw an option to have it already inclue the sticky backing. Did you go that route or use your own double sided tape?
    I chose the option of the pre-applied adhesive. It was definately easy to apply though, just peel and stick like a decal/sticker. My opinion, worth the small amout of extra $ for the small job.

Also did a quick google search, hydroturf adhesive, regarding some comments for the same question you had. From what I read, it seemed like if you get Hydroturf, get it with the pre-applied adhesive if you can, it will make things easier and cleaner vs getting a can of contact cement and brushing it on yourself. Also that by the time you buy the cement and brushes to put it on, the cost with be the same as the pre-applied adhesive.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

So I've tried to contact hydroturf 3 times via email/website for samples and no reply? Going to call them this week if I can get around to it during normal biz hours. Anybody know what is their deal?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Where did you find the hydroturf for the floor ( walkthrough to the front of boat) what was it called and what was the size? It looks great

Thanks
    Matt Glenn

Matt- It was a do it your self project. I just ordered a sheet of hydroturf (direct from hydroturf's website) and cut to size, same with the glove box. It easy enough to work with. To cut, just use a good scissors.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Thanks, It's on the list along with heater and leds this year
    Matt Glenn

Default Seadek blk over mica roo

Look what showed up at my door after riding around in this thing in steamboat springs, co.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jm - is that black or brown? Cool. - Deerfield

Oh, ya, good time at Steamboat?
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles