Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I haven't always blown out the water in my exhaust but one time I disconnected the coil and turned the engine over to seat the impeller correctly (I don't pull mine) and quite a bit of water came out. I now raise the bow and turn the engine over (coil disconnected) for about 3-4 seconds. I have never had a problem before I started to blow the water out so I don't think there is much water that stays in.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Direct Drive Silencer Guts

Well,
    When removing the Ultra Marine Silencers I had one come apart. Looks to be a defective set of mufflers if you ask me! Whatever sealed them has given way and the Inlet Side just slid out from the baffle. No cracks or issues there as previously thought.

Should be a fairly easy fix with a little 5200 epoxy around the tube and slide it back together. But I'm certainly going to talk to Ultra Marine about it.

Thought I'd post up some photos for anybody interested in what the inside looks like. Really just a 90degree downtube and then a 90up and out. The rest is all hollow.

On a side note........there would be absolutely no way to get all the water out of them (except for the random total disassemble !
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

viking - Thanks for posting the pics. Please let us know what Ultra Marine has to say. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Default Blowing the exhaust with air?

How do you blow out the exhaust with air? Do you blow out through the gardenhose connectors after you unscrew them to drain the exhaust manifolds?

Garn
    Garn
    2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive)

Default intake fog

what is used to "fog" the intake and where can this be purchased??
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

rd - Here's a pic of the fogging oil. It comes in an aerosol can. Bought it at West Marine. I pull the spark plugs and spray directly into each cylinder. Fogging oil puts a layer of protection on metal surfaces to keep them from corrosion. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    what is used to "fog" the intake and where can this be purchased??
    what engine do you have?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    what engine do you have?
    ive got the 325 horse. those do not come with the cats do they? i know it says california emissions compliant on it or something like that so it may have cats. im not sure what california requires but i was thinking that only the 340 horse and up had the cats on it
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    rd - Here's a pic of the fogging oil. It comes in an aerosol can. Bought it at West Marine. I pull the spark plugs and spray directly into each cylinder. Fogging oil puts a layer of protection on metal surfaces to keep them from corrosion. - Deerfield
    i notice all these items say "marine". what does that really mean? i mean is that marine motor oil better than regular mobil 1 full syn? or the oil filter better than a regular filter?
    David

If it has cats you DO NOT want to fog!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet