Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help with radio set up

I got the MB quart nautic system in my boat. The Main unit(it has 3 remotes and a main black box) seems to be on the fritze.. It getting covered under warranty but I am thinking of upgrading the system.. Can I reuse the mbquart remotes with any other brand? or will I need replace all the remotes?

any suggestions on a system to upgrade to? just looking for head unit and remotes...

thanks

LSV - I've come across 5 boats (primarily Surpras) this season all with a similar problem with that headunit. In each case they all upgraded and went with a new HU and new remote and was pretty excited with the results. I think your on the right track with your thinking... and no, I dont think you can use the remote with another setup.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    LSV - I've come across 5 boats (primarily Surpras) this season all with a similar problem with that headunit. In each case they all upgraded and went with a new HU and new remote and was pretty excited with the results. I think your on the right track with your thinking... and no, I dont think you can use the remote with another setup.

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    do you recommend any particular head units?

Why would u change a good system... I mean really. There r so much better things u could spend your money on. I think that the mb stuff is pretty slick. New wake board....wake skate tower speakers with amp and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    Why would u change a good system... I mean really. There r so much better things u could spend your money on. I think that the mb stuff is pretty slick. New wake board....wake skate tower speakers with amp and so on.
    everything else is covered.... system isnt even 2 months old and the main box already crapped out and one of the remotes got a ton of condensation inside the screen and will not dry up...

I am not to thrilled with the equipment

was looking at the kenwood 440u with the kca-rc107mr remotes
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 10-21-2010 at 07:52 PM.

i think i need to stick with kenwood due to the remotes... the kenwood remotes are large enough to cover up the holes from the mb quart remotes...

I'm partial to Pioneer and their remotes are big also.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I'm partial to Pioneer and their remotes are big also.
    thanks will check them out..

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    thanks will check them out..
    Regardless of what you buy, look at units with three outputs (FRT/REAR/SUB) as it makes system expansion easier on you.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Whenever I get my boat back I'm installing the Alpine CDA-118M Head Unit and MC20 remote. I decided to go with this because it has 2 zone volume control, so that I can have my towers at one volume and my cabins at another. You might take a look at this deck as well as the kenwood.
    Nate