Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking

I thought you had the mb quart system.......sorry my bad you could check that out. i have controll overmy tower speakers through it and it works well. obviously mine is factory but i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Regardless of what you buy, look at units with three outputs (FRT/REAR/SUB) as it makes system expansion easier on you.
    also make sure they are 4V

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

We do the aftermarket work for the local Supra/Moomba dealer and do alot of the warranty diagnosis on the factory audio systems for them. The MB Quart black box that ties into the Medallion dash electronics has had issues. Mostly its been the volume launching to full without any prompting. It seems to be tied to the three remotes and can be temporarily fixed by eliminating one of the three. To my knowledge they are working on it but do not have a rock solid resolution yet.
    To repair the transom glass/gelcoat for a new remote is no big deal, at least its fairly inexpensive with our local dealer. Relating to Supras, we have made adapters for the dash remotes that looked factory. The glove box remote gets replaced with a conventional source unit.
    The part of the source upgrade that I feel good about is that once you make the change, subsequent service issues are going to be easier several years down the road. I don't have confidence that the original factory equipment is going to be serviceable for that long.

David
    Earmark Marine

david,

so right now i do have the blackbox wm1-bb - http://www.athome-atsea.com/productid.php?id=30&cat=3

is there any benefit by switching to one of their head units? like the wr-1 or wm-1
    http://www.athome-atsea.com/productid.php?id=33&cat=5

Provided that all the remotes are capatable, honestly I couldn't say whether the problems would carry over or not.

David
    Earmark Marine