Default SKI LOCKER WATER SOLUTION

here is how i finally remove the water from underneath the ski locker that some of us seems to have problem with. As you can see, it need to be vacuum dry again. I think water accumulate after its raining, my cover seems to leak at some place. another one is on the way.

Took a whole saw, drilled a hole, put a huge amount of marine goop. drop the plug on, let it dry, now when its full of water, i open it, suck it all up. done.

Default heres more

Where did you get the plug/cap? Is there a part number on it?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Thanks for posting this up kojack. I'm still waiting to hear back on the warranty claim. Submitted 8/24 by my dealer, still no answer.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

that is exactly the mod I was looking for!! How much space is there from the bottom of the ski locker to the bottom of the boat after you drilled the hole? Mine sounds like it is full of water. This needs to be a mod sticky!!

Default plug

There is about 2 inches of free space between the ski locker and the foam. I would imagine that every boat might be a bit different, depending how much foam they spray in but i'm pretty sure it should all be about the same depth.

kojack, did this work for getting enough water out for the winter? and would you have liked to go with a larger port hole? I'm going to do this mod before I put the boat away for the winter. Thanks
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

How did you guys find out about the water? I have an 08 xlv and there is lots of water under the ballast bag in the ski locker, but I am not sure if its under the fiberglass.... Do you know if this is a problem with the XLV as well?

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcfar View Post
    How did you guys find out about the water? I have an 08 xlv and there is lots of water under the ballast bag in the ski locker, but I am not sure if its under the fiberglass.... Do you know if this is a problem with the XLV as well?
    see the thread below, basically step into your locker and lightly bounce on the floor of the ski locker fore and aft. Listen for the sound of water squishing below the floor.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=13043
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand