Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask The Forum

Default Ask The Forum

so i'm reading through the "Ask the Detail Man" thread today because it's that time of the year to wax the boat again. i'm always on the look out for enviromently friendly products that make the job easier & new techniques.

but why was the thread closed? i saw there was a comment stating something to the effect of a violation of the rules (maybe trying to sell their products) but i did not read or see any comments that were in violation. were the comments removed? or am i overlooking them?

thought i would ask the forum there thoughts on the thread being closed.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    so i'm reading through the "Ask the Detail Man" thread today because it's that time of the year to wax the boat again. i'm always on the look out for enviromently friendly products that make the job easier & new techniques.

but why was the thread closed? i saw there was a comment stating something to the effect of a violation of the rules (maybe trying to sell their products) but i did not read or see any comments that were in violation. were the comments removed? or am i overlooking them?

thought i would ask the forum there thoughts on the thread being closed.
    I noticed it being closed, but did not see the questionable comments if there were any?

my.02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'll chime in with my .02 whether you want it or not?

I think the Detail Guy started a thread to help with the subject at hand but commented that he only used Leverage products. So don't know how much help he'd be on the broad subject if the only expertise is to recommend one manufacturer's stuff.

Just my observation as I was following the thread !!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Since I closed the thread I'll summarize my thoughts, and I've already shared this with Leverage.

A message board is about getting the opinion of many unbiased yet experienced people. Certainly experts, self titled or otherwise, are welcome to contribute. I'd look to the audio guys for a shining example of how well this can work out. But they bring years of proven experience to the table and know how to operate within the guidelines.

And as I stated in that thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Hmm, if your experience is only leverage products I'm not sure how well this will play out.

Look at our resident audio experts on here for a great example of how sharing expertise indirectly leads to increased sales. "Vinyl dirty? Try our vinyl cleaner!" is a violation of our rules here.

This is one of the most heavily modded forums I belong to in that respect, and it is welcome. thanks for the mods for doing that..

with that being said, the audio guys seem that they are offering both knowledge in the industry and are not pushing their products at all, which is nice.. they help those in need, and have not pushed anyone into "their" products.. A detail expert on the forums is def. a welcome site, but if there is a push toward "their" products, good for brain for shortening the leash.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Viking, you hit it on the head. But the mods are working with them instead of banning them outright. There is a middle ground as demonstrated by all the audio guys-- professionals with highly informative and well respected opinions. I wouldn't go anywhere else for advice because they have demonstrated expertise and commitment. I wish we could see the same thing in many other areas and maybe we will.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'll just add that the short leash is by design, as this forum is funded solely by Skiers Choice. The intent is not only to protect the interests of SC, but also that you get a valuable source of information and community that is not diluted by other companies selling their products.

So while I agree that we mods run a tight ship, I hope you can all appreciate that it's for the benefit of the community. I'm glad you started this thread, flex, because what we do as moderators should be no secret. If any of you guys have questions don't hesitate to send us a PM.

Mods, nice job, much appreciated.... guess i did not pay that much attention to the product being supported. I was too busy watching the Rangers kick the $*&% out of the Yankees.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post

So while I agree that we mods run a tight ship, I hope you can all appreciate that it's for the benefit of the community.
    I would bet that everyone here agrees with what you just posted.. it's a thankless job, and if anyone does have an issue, no one is forcing anyone to post here

keep up the good work..

it's oftentimes harder to babysit adults than children
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

i'm glad to hear that the moderaters are working with them. i thought maybe i was overlooking the comments or reading (pun) to much into thread.

one of the best things about this forum is the expert help from the professionals that do the work day in day out. i would have never finished my audio project without reading through all of the previous post.

it was not my intention to make anyone mad & i apologize if it did.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit