Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

WHOA.........what a # huh?
    I smacked a log about a year ago on a river we boat on at about 3/4 top end and it just nicked a prop blade up a bit and put a hairline crack in one of them. It sounded BAD when it happened but must have got lucky

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I'm not surprised, had a buddy that ripped everything off while he was floating with the current boat in neutral and he figured less damage would be done in neutral then trying to throw it in reverse and miss the rock.......I guess the underwater gear is designed to let go rather than do more like rip the bottom off and toast your hull tranny and motor perhaps......but then 3-4000lbs moving at 6mph isn't going to stop that easy.

Oh and i called the shaft earlier.....surprised they didn't.......I do know a shaft is about 325 so 100 to installis not that bad.....just make sure your dripless is still dripless as its easy to pooch the seal if one is not carefull removing ,then reinstalling a new shaft. Also watch your Vdrive for oil leaking as some of the force may have been transmitted to the vdrive shaft seal (although the vdrive is pretty tough and prob ok, just monitor your oil level carefully next year) ...... ya I know just what ya wanted to hear , more potential problems.......
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug