Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Mcdye, looks like you're in the clear, at least in the clear as far as the "hole" in the front of the ski locker.

I think it's interesting - we're 8 pages of posts into this issue, and not one word from SC? Even after they were notified about it, numerous times?? What gives man? I mean, sure, if the newer models are slightly different design, and appear to not have the issue, okay. But what about us with older boats, who are or could be experiencing this problem?

We on this board represent only a small portion of Moomba and Supra owners, so I can only imagine how many boats out there are seeing this issue. I could see, how Kane explained, that the extra room in the hull area will allow the water to expand and compress the foam without doing any damage, but, I am kind of under the impression that this foam is a rigid type, and not necessarily meant to be repeatedly compressed... and I also agree that I don't really want my hull to be the 'experiement'. Though, it saw freezing temps last winter in storage, and no obvious damage seen - but I am still not sure if I've got the issue yet. Though, obviously, 08's have it too.

**Correctiong - 9 pages of posts in!**
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I'm not overly impressed by their lack of response either.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I agree squeeg333.

I'm really starting to think an automatic bilge pump installed in this location is the answer. Remove enough foam core to the bottom of the boat, install a 4" PVC pipe with hole's on the bottom or some kind of stainless steel cylinder screen, bracket the pump to the pipe or screen or a sump box may also work.
    A Tsunami Cartridge Bilge Pump 500 GPH would do the job.
    Wire it back to the dash and plum the bilge out the side of the boat. Install a 4" screw - out deck plate in the locker to maintain the pump.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Just to add, my 07 LSV does this exact same thing. My water came from a 2 hr rain storm pulling the boat home @ purchase. I can actually "almost" get my body into the ski locker on my left side & press into the floor w/ my elbow & see water coming up through the front of the locker like a geyser!

Default Tally of members with this issue

1. mnpracing - 08 LSV
    2. cab13367 - 06 LSV
    3. T100 - 04 LSV (same hull as 06-08 OBV)
    4. Canuckle Head - 07 OBV (same hull as 04 LSV)
    5. GrantM - 06 LSV
    6. 09outback - 03 Launch SSV
    7. saskyrider - 05 LSV (same hull as 06-08 OBV)
    8. mk_deuce - 07 LSV
    9. Kojack -

Did I miss anyone?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Well, I got this e-mail from my dealer this morning who heard back from SC:

"The answer was that it is not a structural issue that would be covered under the limited lifetime warranty of the hull, so it will not be covered under warranty."

What I don't understand is why they agreed to cover mnpracing's boat but not mine, especially when mnp bought his boat used and I bought mine new (no offense mnpracing).
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    '10 LSV. I decide to look at the layout of my locker, it appears they may have changed the mold or not cutting the tip off any more.
    mcdye,

Looks like they fixed this issue in 2010. That looks nice and clean, the way it should have been done in the first place. Compare that to mine which has a bunch of caulk/sealant between the hull and the floor, and strips of hastily placed fiberglass cloth in a half-assed attempt to seal the liner to the hull. It's hard to see here but there is a large gap between the fiberglass cloth and the hull at the very front of the liner. I wish they would have spent the extra 5 minutes and sealed that hole properly.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Well, I got this e-mail from my dealer this morning who heard back from SC:

"The answer was that it is not a structural issue that would be covered under the limited lifetime warranty of the hull, so it will not be covered under warranty."

What I don't understand is why they agreed to cover mnpracing's boat but not mine, especially when mnp bought his boat used and I bought mine new (no offense mnpracing).
    Not a structural issue? I guess they designed it to hold water in there then... Yeah, yeah, that's it. It's supposed to hold 60+ Lbs of stagnant water. Makes the boat float and smell better........
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Default Is This A Problem For An 08 Xlv?

I read the entire post... is this a problem with XLV's as well???? someone did ask the question, but no one really answered? Please PM me....

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    1. mnpracing - 08 LSV
    2. cab13367 - 06 LSV
    3. T100 - 04 LSV (same hull as 06-08 OBV)
    4. Canuckle Head - 07 OBV (same hull as 04 LSV)
    5. GrantM - 06 LSV
    6. 09outback - 03 Launch SSV
    7. saskyrider - 05 LSV (same hull as 06-08 OBV)
    8. mk_deuce - 07 LSV
    9. Kojack -

Did I miss anyone?
    This list has just started, I'm sure more to come!
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma