Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Friday update on the boat

I got a voicemail from the shop and ended up not going up to see the boat. They have not been able to do anything more than what I posted earlier because they are still waiting for the foam to dry out. Water is still seeping into the hole where they removed the foam. They shopvac it out, then wait for more to seep out of the foam. Then shopvac it, and repeat. I will talk to them again on Tuesday to check progress again. We didn't talk about alternatives today such as cutting another hole and/or trying to remove more foam, but we'll discuss that on Tuesday if it's still not dry. The hole they cut is roughly 6" X 6" so they could remove all the foam they could reach, through this hole. But I don't think that would help much unless they cut another hole, or multiple holes (which we'd like to stay away from if possible). So it's the waiting game, but wanted to post an update. Good guys to work with though, they called me vs me trying to get a hold of them.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update, I'm sure alot of us Northern folk are following this thread. I think that what your doing and the fella that mounted the access port with cap are on the right track. Since the hull is at it's deepest here I don't see how you could get it to drain into the bilge unless you elevate the bow quite a bit, vaccuming seems the only option. I would just like to thank everyone who is contributing to these threads as they are a wealth of info.
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Thanks for chiming in Grant, you got some great pics up. Everybody check out the pics. Tres cool!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Thanks for chiming in Grant, you got some great pics up. Everybody check out the pics. Tres cool!
    Thanks Kaneboats, I just tried to capture the spirit of the thing...
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

I was looking at my owners manual of the diagram of the side view of the v-drives, it shows the break down of the inside of the boat. There is a large high lighted area under the locker and into the front of the boat, does any one know if that is a foam core (high lighted area)? This diagram also shows how deep the hull is past the gas tank and bilge area. The diagram is in the 2004 Owner Manual, Section IX Service & Maintenance P. 51, I was not able to post the picture of the diagram, with the pic's from Grant M & mnpracing plus this, maybe we can get a little closer to solving this water coming in and how to get rid of it. Please look at your manual and see what you think and if someone knows how to get the diagram onto the post that would be great.
    Manual 2004
    http://www.moomba.com/downloads/owne.../moomba_04.pdf
    Last edited by T100; 10-25-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

So my boat has been winterized and put away for a couple of weeks now. Thanks to you guys and the legitimate issues you are seeing, I am now a bit concerned that I might have the same problem. We have really cold temps through the winter here and I am concerned about potential freezing issues and weakening/ damaging parts of the fibreglass. It does not help that SC don't feel this is important enough to say anything, one way or the other. It does make one wonder.....
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I drilled a small hole in my locker because when i was cleaning it out for the winter when i stepped in the locker water squirted up in a small spot about 6" ahead of the rear drain. Turns out the fiberglass was extremely thin there. When i used a hole saw to drill the hole as soon as i placed pressure on the drill bit it pushed through the fiberglass . I then proceeded to dig out a small patch of foam... not all the way down to the bottom but close and used the vacuum. the majority of the water i got was on top of the foam and not coming through it... i have to go to our farm tonight and will check to see if any seeped back in. I did let it sit for a day or 2 before i put it in storage and couldn't see any water that had accumulated after i used the shop vac....

Geoff

p.s. makes me a little queasy thinking about having water in the boat over winter!!!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Well against my wifes wishes I too drilled an 1.5" hole in the bottom of the ski locker. I was able to vacuum out about 8 gallons so far and I know there's more in there. I have been just vacuuming the water from on top of the foam and I'll wait and see how it goes and then decide if I go down to the hull itself.
    On a less positive note I may now have to hook up a bow ballast bag with all that water gone

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    Well against my wifes wishes I too drilled an 1.5" hole in the bottom of the ski locker. I was able to vacuum out about 8 gallons so far and I know there's more in there. I have been just vacuuming the water from on top of the foam and I'll wait and see how it goes and then decide if I go down to the hull itself.
    On a less positive note I may now have to hook up a bow ballast bag with all that water gone
    Man, that's about 67lbs of weight! And, what happens the next time you put it back in the water?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Man, that's about 67lbs of weight! And, what happens the next time you put it back in the water?
    Exactly what i asked earlier in this thread! Unless this is corrected the proper way what do you do? Cut holes every year looking for water? I can't help but wonder what happens to the foam when frozen then thawed?
    2007 Mobius LSV