Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Quote Originally Posted by StapleHawk View Post
    It was diagnosed by a pretty well known boat fiberglass repairmen in our area. I have the 06 Moomba XLV gravity.
    Hmmm. I thought that all the stringers were fiberglass encasing foam and would resist any water in the area? I’m not sure it would be possible for them to be loose. I haven’t seen them so I don’t know. The area we are referring to getting water intruding is in the bow section where the drop keep is located. Not sure if it’s even possible for water to be underneath towards the back. Looks like it was a design flaw from SC. Not a deal breaker for me but a flaw none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Hmmm. I thought that all the stringers were fiberglass encasing foam and would resist any water in the area? I’m not sure it would be possible for them to be loose. I haven’t seen them so I don’t know. The area we are referring to getting water intruding is in the bow section where the drop keep is located. Not sure if it’s even possible for water to be underneath towards the back. Looks like it was a design flaw from SC. Not a deal breaker for me but a flaw none the less.

That would be pretty incredible if true. This guy has a good reputation around here, but he didn't actually see the boat. I sent him about 20 photos of the outside of my hull with pretty severe distress cracks and leaking in water. He asked if my ski locker was squeaking when I hit waves. It definitely does every time. He said the boat was flexing because stringers were loose and it's a 'problem with alot of these boats'. I'm definitely welcoming any different perspectives on this as my boat stands are on the way. I'm going to dremel out all the exterior cracks and re-fiberglass those, as well as the cracks with the hole leak. If I don't have to do stringers, I'll be a very happy man.

ps, should I just create a new thread for this? I'll at least document my progress.
    Last edited by StapleHawk; 05-21-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Wow. I have no idea what the construction looks like in the way of stringers. I guess you’ll see how bad it is once you get through the gel coat. I have a couple of small gel coat cracks on the bottom of my boat where the hull steps. Hopefully yours is good. I saw a 2005 Supra for sale in Dallas about 4 months ago for 7k stating the hull is bad due to stress cracks.