Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Just foam. That is the same thing that I experienced. The foam is a closed cell type so it holds the water back really well. I actually shoved a glow rod (for fishing wires in walls) between all three holes and there was no compartment or anything separating that whole space.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default (New) Water coming from hole in Ski locker. Just Started, noticed when winterizing.

DSCN2143.jpgDSCN2148.jpgDSCN2149.jpgDSCN2169.jpg

Ok, Found a definite hole. You can see a circle where the water is coming out. First I thought just water from bag so I wet vac it out. I started putting a rubber stopper between engine compartment an ski locker to Keep the water out.
    Then I found this when putting the boat away for winter. One spot you can see where its blistered and water seeps thru.
    The other is a round hole, where the water is flat draining out!
    One picture shows after vac, the other pic with larger puddle is the next morning.....Wow!
    I posted before because the water was coming from somewhere. Thats why I put plug in. Engine compartment would be dry, but water always ended up in ski locker. Plug helped all summer, but know I have a hole and more water
    Now What? thinking of Rhino lining in the spring when it comes out of staorage.
    2002 Mobius V

There has to be something wrong with the structure of the boat or design. All of us having the same issue.....
    Whats up Skiers Choice? Can someone answer this question for us...
    Too many of us with this issue.....
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Default (New) Water coming from hole in Ski locker. Just Started, noticed when winterizing.

DSCN2143.jpgDSCN2148.jpgDSCN2149.jpgDSCN2169.jpg

Ok, Found a definite hole. You can see a circle where the water is coming out. First I thought just water from bag so I wet vac it out. I started putting a rubber stopper between engine compartment an ski locker to Keep the water out.
    Then I found this when putting the boat away for winter. One spot you can see where its blistered and water seeps thru.
    The other is a round hole, where the water is flat draining out!
    One picture shows after vac, the other pic with larger puddle is the next morning.....Wow!
    I posted before because the water was coming from somewhere. Thats why I put plug in. Engine compartment would be dry, but water always ended up in ski locker. Plug helped all summer, but know I have a hole and more water
    Now What? thinking of Rhino lining in the spring when it comes out of storage.
    2002 Mobius V

There has to be something wrong with the structure of the boat or design. All of us having the same issue.....
    Whats up Skiers Choice? Can someone answer this question for us...
    Too many of us with this issue.....
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Rick - that basement compartment on ours has a pretty thin liner. The rear plug that drains into the bilge area (or under the floor?) is the only place mine has taken on water besides coming from a roller over the bow. Looks like your compartment has worn thin in at least one area.

Rhino liner may work but that stuff is pretty thin after it's on too. With gear and ballast riding on it I would think you need something a little more hardy to patch it. Not sure what though.

Before doing anything I'd find a nice steep hill to park on for a few hours and get that sucker totally drained...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

yea probably a good idea! Probably need to have it glassed and patched properly..
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

I bought a used 2007 Outback V and was concerned when I read this post. Unfortunately, the boat sat outside uncovered on the dealers lot for about 2months until I bought it. I think thats where my water came from, but could be wrong. I pulled the sac and the mat from the ski locker and noticed I had water seeping up throughout the floor. I called Skier Choice and they told me to drill 5" hole, pull the insulation, dry it, once dry use spray foam to fill the hole, replace the fiberglass piece and fiberglass it back in. I don't want to do that because I won't know if water is getting back under the ski locker. I am going to re-fiberglass the whole ski locker and seal it. Then I am going to install a 5" water tight deck plate from Overton's. I think my water is coming down through the floor of ski locker, the fiberglass seems brittle in spots. I hope this correct this issue. SC was very nice and helpful, but would not admit this is known issue with this boat.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

I'm a new Moomba owner and I suspect my boat has water in the same area as mentioned. Seems like an obvious place for water to gather considering the drop-keel. I've also wondered what good the drain plug in the back does considering it is nearly the highest point in the bilge when its sitting on the trailer on level ground.

At any rate, I'm not overly worried and I'm happy to do the deck plate mod and suck the water out. I read through this whole discussion (ok, skimmed) and don't recall seeing any mention of installing a drain plug at the bottom of the drop keel. Maybe on one side the of the keel an inch or so up, just to let the majority of the water out.

I'm in no hurry to drill holes in the bottom of my boat, but I wonder if anyone has taken this approach? I've seen a mid-ship drain plug installed between the tracking fins...
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

Default Water trapped between hull and ski locker subfloor

What year and model is your boat? There is a mid-ship drain plug now, but not sure what model year that was started.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

'02 Outback LSV. Definitely no mid-ship drain. I'm just wondering if that would be a good solution for the trapped water thing? Not sure I want to put one in yet, just hoping to hear from anyone that might have tried it.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    What year and model is your boat? There is a mid-ship drain plug now, but not sure what model year that was started.
    started with 2009 OBV - if I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by jnb0y View Post
    '02 Outback LSV. Definitely no mid-ship drain. I'm just wondering if that would be a good solution for the trapped water thing? Not sure I want to put one in yet, just hoping to hear from anyone that might have tried it.
    try a search as someone did do this. had to be pretty precise with the drilling and work between the skegs on the bottom of the boat.