Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yz 2smoke View Post
    I looked at mine the other day and I couldn’t tell if I had water under the ski locker or not. The center drain was still dry from me vacuuming it out a week before.
    Even if you have trapped water your center drain will be dry....like mine. If you want to know if there is water open the ski locker, stand up on the floor ( in the ski locker) put your feet as forward as possible and jump...you will hear the water.

My dealer was supposed to call me back for that problem but I m still waiting........................
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

I only have 1 drain....at the rear of the boat, no centre drain.

The water is stuck in there with no way to escape....I might have a look this weekend....but I don't want to spend days at it.
    Dave Longbotham
    Minsterworth Waterski Club
    River Severn
    England
    U.K.
    Mobius V 2000
    [email protected]

www.youtube.com/user/Wolfstone1000

Quote Originally Posted by hans View Post
    Even if you have trapped water your center drain will be dry....like mine. If you want to know if there is water open the ski locker, stand up on the floor ( in the ski locker) put your feet as forward as possible and jump...you will hear the water.

My dealer was supposed to call me back for that problem but I m still waiting........................
    I don’t think I weigh enough to make it slosh, I tried jumping on it last night with the bow at different angles but I could hear anything. I need to get one of my bigger friends to come over and try.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstone View Post
    I only have 1 drain....at the rear of the boat, no centre drain.
    Doesn't your basement locker have a drain that goes back to the bilge area? I get water in the basement regularly. Have ran the boat plowing nose high for a short ride to drain it, then put a cork in it before slowing back down. At home on the trailer I will lower the jack and the nose of the boat as far as it will got and let the water run in there intentionally, then vac it out with my Tsunami handheld. Or drive up and park on a hill for a few min while everything drains out the back.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Drain

Sorry, yes, I have a hole running from the front ski locker to the rear engine compartment.

I don't have an actual drain plug in the centre of the boat (like some Mastercrafts).

I actually blocked up my hole from the front ski locker to the rear compartment, as it was always wet in the ski locker......

Now its my dry area, with a fatsac in place....(i say dry, but whenever it rains heavy, the rainwater from the front section of the cover seeps in to the front seating area, and down into the ski locker. (as my ski locker has no 'roof')
    Dave Longbotham
    Minsterworth Waterski Club
    River Severn
    England
    U.K.
    Mobius V 2000
    [email protected]

www.youtube.com/user/Wolfstone1000

For those who put a deck plate in the ski locker did you put it in the front, in th middle or in the rear of the locker? I will have to do this but I don't know where to drill the hole
    Mobius LSV 2011

I put three deck plates in the ski locker (front, middle and rear). I found that the foam restricted the water from flowing back to the deepest point below the ski locker floor. I started with the first hole as far back to the stern as I could, but when I sucked the water out, there was still water sloshing further up front. I was amazed at how much water I got out of there each time I drilled a new access hole.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I put three deck plates in the ski locker (front, middle and rear). I found that the foam restricted the water from flowing back to the deepest point below the ski locker floor. I started with the first hole as far back to the stern as I could, but when I sucked the water out, there was still water sloshing further up front. I was amazed at how much water I got out of there each time I drilled a new access hole.
    What deck plates size did you use? Is it possible to damage a stringer when you cut the floor? ( is there a stringer there)

Since you made the holes, is there a lot of water that goes under the ski locker floor each time you go on the water?
    Mobius LSV 2011

I do find water there more than I would like and it's not always cause I dip the bow. I struggle to make sense of it, but maybe I get some leakage from my ski locker bag? The other thought is that my bow lights (dock lights) are the culprit, but I usually don't roll that deep.

I used 4 or 5" plates, I don't remember exactly. I actually have Sahara pumps in two of the holes to auto suck out the water, so check the dimensions on those and that might tell you what I have, as the pumps fit in the opening, no problem.

No stringer down there at all.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Today I made a hole in the rear of the floor like the dealer suggest. Surprise.....no water there....everything s dry. So I made a hole in the front an a lot of water ( smelling bad) starts to get out. I ve shop vac 26 liters of water there. So now I think that something restricted the water from going in the back.....just foam or somethin else? Stringer?
    Mobius LSV 2011