Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    http://www.moomba.com/mobiuslsv/

pic 10 under photos in the center of the boat small 3 by 3" small metal pull tab for access to the plug

also one in the rear, most water should drain into the area that wont reach the bilge.
    Ok I know where are the two drain plugs in the boat to let the water goes out. My problem is that water is trapped between the hull and the "black floor" in the ski locker but there is no way to drain it......will I have to make a hole in the ski locker floor like other guys did in this thread?

I tought that Yz 2smoke had a drain plug in the ski locker floor to shop vac the water that is trapped there.
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

hans, I'm the one that started this thread and what you are describing is the issue of this thread (at least the original issue). As far as I know, there are only 2 ways to fix this: 1) make a hole in the locker floor and install a deck plate so that you can periodically shopvac the water out, or 2) make a larger hole in the floor, dry it all out, then reglass the floor and the very front of the locker floor where the water enters that space. I had option 2 done under warranty and so far I haven't noticed any water in that space since then. But the total bill (paid by SC) was well over $1,000. If I get water there again, I will likely opt for #1 as it took them 10 days to get the work done (lot's of time just drying out the boat), and it could recur. It looks like they did a really good job, but the shop and I both assumed we identified the source of the intrusion.

If you step and bouncing in the locker, does water squish out the very front of the locker, or have you figured out how it's getting in there?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    hans, I'm the one that started this thread and what you are describing is the issue of this thread (at least the original issue). As far as I know, there are only 2 ways to fix this: 1) make a hole in the locker floor and install a deck plate so that you can periodically shopvac the water out, or 2) make a larger hole in the floor, dry it all out, then reglass the floor and the very front of the locker floor where the water enters that space. I had option 2 done under warranty and so far I haven't noticed any water in that space since then. But the total bill (paid by SC) was well over $1,000. If I get water there again, I will likely opt for #1 as it took them 10 days to get the work done (lot's of time just drying out the boat), and it could recur. It looks like they did a really good job, but the shop and I both assumed we identified the source of the intrusion.

If you step and bouncing in the locker, does water squish out the very front of the locker, or have you figured out how it's getting in there?
    When I step I can hear water behind the floor and water comes out by a small hole in the floor, like if there was a hole there that has been reglass....but in the locker there are two large holes in the walls where wire pass, so water can enter there.......I think it can be hard to prevent water to get in but it should drain...
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

Would it be an option to drop another bilge pump in there? Enough room?

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Quote Originally Posted by hans View Post
    Ok, does your boat came with a drain plug or you added it? And where is the drain plug...more in the front or in the back? In my boat the water seems to be more in the front.

I ve let the bow up all night and it still has water in the front.

Thanks for your help
    My boat came with it; so it looks like I need to check my ski locker when I get home to see if I still have water trapped in there. I've never notcied water in there but I dont take the bag out either. I will check when I get home and post what i find
    2015 Supra SE 550

I put two extra bilge pumps in mine. I have three deck plates in total in the area in question as I could not get the water to easily get through the foam to the lowest point. obviously it would travel over time but I like to be able to get the water out quickly.

The bulge pumps work well although not perfect. They have to pump uphill quite a bit so some water falls back downhill when the pumps kick off.

I like knowing that I can get that water out when I need to without needing to get out the shop vac.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

be real interesting to know if this is a problem in the newer models. Thought SC fixed this issue. Hope they were fibbing to us about the fix in the later models last year.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Cool Water trapped in false ski locker floor

I have this "trapped water" issue with my Mobius V 2000.

Its been like this for the 5 years that I have owned the boat.

I just look at it as extra ballast...

It does get cold here in the UK in winter, so I guess it could freeze solid, but it hasn't before, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Just as a note, my friends 2004 X2 Mastercraft has exactly the same problem, neither of us worry.

Just keep boarding.......
    Dave Longbotham
    Minsterworth Waterski Club
    River Severn
    England
    U.K.
    Mobius V 2000
    [email protected]

www.youtube.com/user/Wolfstone1000

Just not a good thing to have standing permanent water on fiberglass
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I looked at mine the other day and I couldn’t tell if I had water under the ski locker or not. The center drain was still dry from me vacuuming it out a week before.
    2015 Supra SE 550