Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

It was very obvious once i pulled the bag and the nasty mat. Last summer was the first time i took rollovers over the bow. Hence the water under the locker. I used a drywall saw to cut the foam. It was wet but still hard. Also i used a drill pump to get the water out. I will recheck today.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Some of you may know that the question previously came up of whether there was any sort of divider under the ski locker floor. I was finally able to install my deck ports, and I had drilled three separate holes, as I could not get to all the standing water without doing so.
    While I was in there, I used one of my AV fish/ glow rods to connect the dots, so to speak. I can assure you that there is no divider under there at all.
    The majority of the water under my ski locker floor was about 18 inches or so towards the bow from the rear ski locker wall. In my situation, the foam is obviously thick enough to stop the water from traveling all the way back to where the hull returns upwards toward the area of the fuel tank, etc.
    Just an FYI for those of you interested (i.e.- Al/Cab)
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Thanks for that update!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I recently upgraded to a Supra Launch 21V (2005 model).

You can add me to the list. I had the same problem, but did not find the thread prior to my attempt to deal with it.

In my case, I noticed that a shop-vac hose would fit air-tight in a 1.75" hole. I drilled that out, and inserted the shop-vac, then let it run for about 15 minutes, removing the hose occasionally, to be sure that the water was not plugging the hose.

I do not feel I am getting all of the water because the foam remains soaked.

What concerns me is *not* the minor amount of extra weight in the boat, that some here have mentioned. I am more concerned with the added tongue weight, which is already greater than any other boat I've owned. I also do not like the idea of permanently stored water that can spawn mold/etc. If there is some method for the water to get in, however tight, there is a method for mold-spores/etc to get back out.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread so that I didn't think I was imagining things, or that my boat was somehow flawed different than others, and saving me from wasting any of my time asking SC about this, only to be shot down!

Add me to the list too. 2005 Supra 21V. I found the water about 2 years ago, and after having the dealership get it out and then repairing their hole it filled up again. I put in a 6" access pannel and just vaccume out the water. I was pretty upset about all this at first but have kind of let it go. Nothing is perfect and I still love my boat and wouldn't get rid of it.
    2005 Supra Launch 21v
    325 HP

As I have already stated I too have this problem on my 07 Mobius. One major problem with this that nobody stated prior is what happens to this ski locker water when you fill the the front bag all the way up. Well I'll tell you, that water pushes it way up through any spaces in the floor leaving water in the under seat storage in the front as well as the battery storage compartment and driver foot rest area. I originally thought this was due to dipping the bow while we were out but we never did. Im am now going to try to put in an access hole and suck out as much of this mystery water as possible.

I am considering purchasing a 2008 LSV, is there a way to find out if this issue affected just this year and model?
    THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyg View Post
    I am considering purchasing a 2008 LSV, is there a way to find out if this issue affected just this year and model?
    THanks.
    If you read through this thread you will see many different years and models with this issue. Take a look at the signature lines on the posts, as many people have listed their year and model in their signatures.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I'm officially freaked out! We bought a new 2010 Moomba from an out of state dealer. Due to the heavy floods this past summer we've not been able to use our new boat more than 10 hours. However, when we finally got it in the water, there were 3 folks sitting up front and there was water coming up from the floor. These folks feet were sitting in 2 inches of water. Once they went to the back of the boat...water receded but where did it go? We tested it again and it filled up again. We let it sit for a few weeks and went back to check and the carpet is still wet. It's retaining water but we don't know why. I'm nervous. Who should I turn to? The boat dealer is 9 hours away?

shonk, taking a little liberty with a answer for you--thinking you have bow docking lights and that with 3 folks up front that put them under water. those lights are not water tight and need a 4" in diamature hole going thru the boat, little forward momentum and thats the possiblility of a lot of water coming in under the bow seats.

hey since your new here post a photo of the new ride and welcome to the forums
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart