Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

No cutting for me either. Not going to go there.....
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

Dude you may have a change of tune when it's minus 30 in Alberta and your boats belly is "maybe" full of water.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Boat is in Kelowna /Summer Land right next door to you . My in-laws live on Swan Lake so we do alot of boating on Kal and Okanagan as well as the Shuswap. Maybe i'll see you around....i'll be out for a sea trial on April 15
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

just went in to the garage to see how the boat is doing. checked the hole in the ski locker and it's still soaked in there after being open all winter.. (of course it was below freezing in the garage, so it most likely didn't have an opportunity to dry)

any suggestions of getting it significantly dryer before patching up the fiberglass?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    just went in to the garage to see how the boat is doing. checked the hole in the ski locker and it's still soaked in there after being open all winter.. (of course it was below freezing in the garage, so it most likely didn't have an opportunity to dry)

any suggestions of getting it significantly dryer before patching up the fiberglass?
    Don't patch it up as you'll more than likely get more in there. Add an access door like many have done then you can use a shop vac to suck it up.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Don't patch it up as you'll more than likely get more in there. Add an access door like many have done then you can use a shop vac to suck it up.
    my hole is closed to the front of the locker.. i was thinking of patching it up and cutting a new hole near the back for an access port.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Spyder, is the hole from the water freezing?? If so, is there more guys out there that this has happened to?
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    Spyder, is the hole from the water freezing?? If so, is there more guys out there that this has happened to?
    you know what? i don't know.. i posted pictures of the hole a page or so ago if you're interested..

i had never taken that mess mat out before from under the fatsac, i lifted it up to find a small hole in the fiberglass... and a lot of water had gone into it .. including antifreeze mixed water from winterizing..
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    It's a known issue and there's plenty out there with the issue. Search the sight and you'll find 'em.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm aware of the water under the locker, I was referring to how many more boats have holes from the water freezing under the locker. ????? And maybe holes that are not visible. ????
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma