Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    sorry.. very poorly worded post Al. I would take both hoses off and shoot water from the inlet hose into the drain hose then dunk the drain hose into the hole and it would suck all the water out... this only worked the first time because the water had to seep down after the majority of it was gone and the pump wouldn't stay primed after that. It does work if you haven't done it for a while but if your doing it at the end of each session their probably won't be enough water to keep the pump primed. I actually had a little water left in the centre bag to start with and used that to prime the pump but then i stopped to do something else for a minute and when i came back the pump wouldn't prime, so i used the above method.

hope this described things better.
    Now I got it, thanks. I've done this before also when I had a couple inches of water in the ski locker. I just disconnected the drain hose from the bag and held it down against the ski locker floor and flipped the switch and it would drain the locker as long as there was enough water to completely cover the hose.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I put an inspection cover towards the rear of the ski locker area. The foam was a little wet but there was no standing water at the bottom. I still get quite a bit of "squish" sound at the front of the locker, but for some reason it's not translating to any water a couple of feet to the rear.

For those that have installed a deck plate in the ski locker, are you guys planning on removing the foam each time you suck water out? or just leaving that little bit of foam out completely.

I have drilled the hole and removed a circular piece of foam, and am in a multi-day process of removing water. I'm just wondering if I should leave the 4" circular piece of foam out for good so I have easy access down to the hull by just unscrewing the deck plate, or if I should put it back in and remove it each time. Just seems like it'll be tough to remove each time through the deck plate.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    For those that have installed a deck plate in the ski locker, are you guys planning on removing the foam each time you suck water out? or just leaving that little bit of foam out completely.

I have drilled the hole and removed a circular piece of foam, and am in a multi-day process of removing water. I'm just wondering if I should leave the 4" circular piece of foam out for good so I have easy access down to the hull by just unscrewing the deck plate, or if I should put it back in and remove it each time. Just seems like it'll be tough to remove each time through the deck plate.
    csm,

That little bit of foam provides a negligible amount of floatation so it's not worth the trouble of putting it back in. I would leave it out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I left it out

left if out also
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

You can add me to the list. 06' LSV. I actually noticed this a couple of years ago. Talked to my dealer about it and was assured nothing was wrong.

I definitely have the issue as well, i was not even aware of it until i put the boat away for the winter.. like others the fiberglass is so thin in the locker I actually have a dime sized hole in the locker bottom i noticed when I pulled out the matt that sits under the ballast... the foam was full to the hole with water... i shopvac'd as much as i could but my boat is still soaked.. not sure what to do here.

whats weird, is there are square patches in the floor that are dull and rough feeling, almost like they were fixed previously.. now I am the second owner so who knows..

either way, very bad fibreglass work.

boat year and model in sig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spyder; 02-02-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

add me to the list as well. i just read all 24 pages of this, wow. i need a beer. i noticed that my ski locker was always wet, didnt think much of it at the time but this explains it. looks like ill be drilling a hole and shop vacing in march while i install my new exile system.

has anyone tried the bilge pump idea yet?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I just checked mine also after reading this thread. My 07 Outback V is was pretty squishy.

The water is probably at least three years old in there. I hope the cold weather didn't do any lasting damage. The outside of the hull looks find as does the ski locker. The boat is always properly winterized, but had I known this water was there, I, like everyone else here, would have already removed the water. I'll be sure to add this to my winterization checklist next year.
    2007 Outback V
    Moon Lake
    Monroe, LA