Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

I havent gotten anymore water out after 5 more trys with the vacum so Im going to add a small deck plate and be done with it. I would say in total I got maybe 2 gallons total. Even with this I still plan on getting another Moomba when the time comes.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I havent gotten anymore water out after 5 more trys with the vacum so Im going to add a small deck plate and be done with it. I would say in total I got maybe 2 gallons total. Even with this I still plan on getting another Moomba when the time comes.
    If you don't that would totally screw up your signature

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Add me to the list. However on my boat I noticed there is a small 1/8" diameter hole in the floor of the ski locker so maybe i can get it take care of under warranty hopefully.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Default Finding a Solution

Well it seems we keep adding more to the list of the "mystery water" getting to the bottom of your lockers. (really we still only have hunches)There as been a lot of conversing about the boat quality and the little imperfections of this boat and others. I have friends that own all of the big three and they all have their issues, a lot bigger than this.

I own an 04 and the guys that own boats newer and have paid over 35k to 40k plus,this should not be an issue, you shouldn't have to deal with this after paying that kind of money. It doesn't matter if it is a Master Craft or a Moomba , there should be no water trapped in the bottom of the hull.

I am still not very impressed with SC comment " to do what most guys have done and drill a hole and vacuum it out", I've already done that and would like some input for the guys that build these boats on a long term solution, i.e.: bilge pump, fiberglass repair (where), install a drain with a hose from the locker to the rear bilge, gasket or seal replacement ...........SC you can jump in anytime, you guys have the knowledge to solve this issue or at lest guide us in the right direction.
    We don't all have dealers just around the corner to get their input, the boys in the design department need to give us some input.
    Last edited by T100; 11-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

rather than having to use a vacuum the first time i sucked out the water in the middle compartment ( not underneath it) i just detached the drain hose from the empty ballast bag and used it to suck out the water... you could do the same for the underfloor water i guess... i made another little connector that i leave in the glow box to attach to the drain line so it reaches down into the bottom of the drilled hole...

just an idea.

T100 -- i couldn't agree more about SC needing to provide some input here instead of burying their head in the sand!!

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    i made another little connector that i leave in the glow box to attach to the drain line so it reaches down into the bottom of the drilled hole...
    That's a great idea, and if you have the reversible ballast pumps this will probably be much easier than a vacuum. The aerator pumps won't draw water up though unfortunately, so boats more than a couple years old will still be vacuuming.

what i did was run the pump just for a second sucking water in from the lake then reverse it and blow it all out once the pump was primed.

Geoff

After I laughed at my friend for buying a broken forklift for $800. He repaired it and now I've used it to lift the trailer tongue high enough that all the trapped water drains.

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    what i did was run the pump just for a second sucking water in from the lake then reverse it and blow it all out once the pump was primed.

Geoff
    Huh? How do you suck water in from the lake with the drain pump and then reverse it? I'm confused.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

sorry.. very poorly worded post Al. I would take both hoses off and shoot water from the inlet hose into the drain hose then dunk the drain hose into the hole and it would suck all the water out... this only worked the first time because the water had to seep down after the majority of it was gone and the pump wouldn't stay primed after that. It does work if you haven't done it for a while but if your doing it at the end of each session their probably won't be enough water to keep the pump primed. I actually had a little water left in the centre bag to start with and used that to prime the pump but then i stopped to do something else for a minute and when i came back the pump wouldn't prime, so i used the above method.

hope this described things better.