Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Default bow pic

I took this pic of the box area of the ski locker and it looks like some work was done there before I got the boat. Im not sure if it came from the factory like this or a dealer did it at some time. Could be where they tried to fix it but there was still water under the floor. Notice the different colors of the black. I have also heard that when people remove their gas tank that the fiberglass/gelcoat is cracked around the drain hole from the ski locker to the bilge. That could very well be where some water is getting down into the hull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Makes u wonder what other issues exist that we can't see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I seriously doubt there's any hidden flaws.
    There is a known issue that you can't see with regards to the swim platform mounting brackets and them not being attached correctly to the aluminum plate inside the boat. I do not know the years of boats that were affected by this, but I am fairly sure this problem was fixed in 09.

I know with regards to my boat before it was hit, I had stress cracks around the swim platfrom brackets. AWS documented it and talked to SC about it. Was told that SC would cover the repair if there was actual damage to the fiberglass (under the liftime hull warranty), but the only way to know if there was damage was to actually start work to repair the stress cracks. After talking to AWS about it, we decided to just keep an eye on the stress cracks and see if they changed. We I got hit, the Tige slide across my swim platfrom, we were sure that I had fiberglass damage now since i had larger cracks in the gelcoat. While doing the repair AWS found that out of the 8 bolts (4 on each bracket) I had 1 in the aluminum plate. They had no idea how my swim platform ever stayed on for as long as it did, let alone stay on after being slide across.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I took this pic of the box area of the ski locker and it looks like some work was done there before I got the boat. Im not sure if it came from the factory like this or a dealer did it at some time. Could be where they tried to fix it but there was still water under the floor. Notice the different colors of the black. I have also heard that when people remove their gas tank that the fiberglass/gelcoat is cracked around the drain hole from the ski locker to the bilge. That could very well be where some water is getting down into the hull.
    I have patches like that too and I think that is where they injected foam into the cavity underneath then did a quick patch. This is an area where other have reported water coming up thru the floor.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    While doing the repair AWS found that out of the 8 bolts (4 on each bracket) I had 1 in the aluminum plate.
    Great, that's just wonderful news
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Looks like I'll be hitting up Axis, Malibu, Centurion, or Sanger in the future

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Looks like I'll be hitting up Axis, Malibu, Centurion, or Sanger in the future
    I'm no Skiers Choice apologist, but those other brands have their own set of issues.

I'm glad Razz brought up some of the MC problems for comparison. They are STILL using that crappy tower with bracing in the corners because they were unwilling to fix the root cause. And how many years in a row did they produce boats where the vinyl would just fall apart at the seams after a few years? But MC is still largely regarded as the benchmark for the wakeboat industry... go figure.

Mo money mo problems.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I'm no Skiers Choice apologist, but those other brands have their own set of issues.

I'm glad Razz brought up some of the MC problems for comparison. They are STILL using that crappy tower with bracing in the corners because they were unwilling to fix the root cause. And how many years in a row did they produce boats where the vinyl would just fall apart at the seams after a few years? But MC is still largely regarded as the benchmark for the wakeboat industry... go figure.

Mo money mo problems.
    I'm not cool with knowing that a boat company will let owners drive their boats with a poor hull design or assembly that allows water to be trapped in an area that is supposed to have foam for floatation not a sponge

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I'm not cool with knowing that a boat company will let owners drive their boats with a poor hull design or assembly that allows water to be trapped in an area that is supposed to have foam for floatation not a sponge
    I'm not saying you have to be cool with it. I'm not cool with it either and will get it fixed. But if you're going to jump ship just know those other ships will have problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I'm not saying you have to be cool with it. I'm not cool with it either and will get it fixed. But if you're going to jump ship just know those other ships will have problems too.
    I knew about MC's issues, that's why I won't look into them...plus the price tag. However, we on this forum are the Moomba minority as far as Moomba owners goes and just imagine how many hundreds of LSV's and other models that may have this issue and have no clue.

Well MC isn't the only one either. ALL boats have issues period. They are hand built and issues happen. It's all about what happens when issues do happen and let me tell you, no mfgr outshines anyone another.

Check the forums for other brands and you'll see loads of issues and let me say this, SC seems to be on the low end of the scale that i've seen.

I have a buddy with a Sanger V215, great freaking boat! But everytime he loads the front in floor ballast it overloads and the floor raises up! It's under the floor with no access unless you tear half the boat apart. Sanger won't do anything about it. His trailer bunk supports have collapsed twice, Sanger won't do anything about it, the trailer eats tires like crazy, Sanger won't do anything about. Same story with the interior seams splitting.

Centurions are notorious for gelcoat issue, blisters and cracks and their Mercruiser motors have way more issues than Indmar or PCM.

The Malibu Boats forum no longer exists, know why? Because of a major blowout concerning boat issues that escalated way out of control due to angry owners with issues. Not to mention a period where wedges were ripping off the back of the boat!

Go to the Axis forum and you'll already see issues there as well.

The point is they're boats and issues happen, in this particular case it's not the end of the world and there's no hull integrity issues. I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinions but to go off half cocked thinking ones better than another because your pissed is unrealistic imo. My 2 cents
    2007 Mobius LSV