Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Default pics

Pics of the job
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Any Dealer input??

Good morning Gents,

Has anyone received any further info from their dealers, rep's or boat shops on where the water is coming from. And a solution to getting the water back to the bilge??
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Default cap

Went out yesterday afternoon to install the twist cap and the was more water. I guess the foam is drying out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Well, I got this e-mail from my dealer this morning who heard back from SC:

"The answer was that it is not a structural issue that would be covered under the limited lifetime warranty of the hull, so it will not be covered under warranty."

What I don't understand is why they agreed to cover mnpracing's boat but not mine, especially when mnp bought his boat used and I bought mine new (no offense mnpracing).
    I called Skier's Choice directly after receiving the response above from my dealer. I explained that at least one other Moomba owner is getting this issue fixed under warranty, why not mine. They promised to look into it and call me back which they did this morning. The explanation I got is that mnpracing's boat was covered under warranty because the issue was identified by the original owner (mnpracing is the 2nd owner of his boat) during the one year cosmetic warranty period, which mnpracing stated in one of his earlier posts. Since I am beyond that one year warranty period and the water under the locker is not causing any structural damage, then it's not covered under the lifetime structural warranty.

So those of you whose boat is less than a year old from the date of original sale, please check your ski lockers and if you have this issue, let the dealer know ASAP and get it documented.

He did say that the correct way to get the water out of there is the way everyone has been doing it - drill an access hole in the ski locker and suck it out periodically. I asked about removing the gas tank and drilling a hole into the area under the ski locker and he said that would not work since there are actually two bulkheads between the gas tank area and the ski locker (for strength) and that because of the drop keel, the water under the ski locker would not drain into the gas tank area.

So that's that. I am going to do what everyone else has done and drill the hole in the ski locker. I guess I will measure under the hull from the raw water intake or speedo pick up to the start of the drop keep, then duplicate that measurement from inside the boat so that I am sure to drill right above the lowest point of the hull.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al did you by any chance happen to ask how that much water can be getting in there from bow? I gotta believe there's some other source of access.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Al did you by any chance happen to ask how that much water can be getting in there from bow? I gotta believe there's some other source of access.
    We discussed it and he believes it's coming it could enter from the front of the locker if there was a lot of water in there. In my case, I'm pretty sure that's how it's getting there.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

i was told through the ski locker drain hole, but that was an opinion.... my .02
    Last edited by jmvotto; 11-08-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    i was told through the ski locker plug, but that was an opinion.... my .02
    Do you mean the drain in the locker going to the rear of the boat? If the drain to the rear is broken, cracked or disconnected that may be the problem. It is still is a lot of water getting under the locker.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

I could easily see 1/2 gallon getting under there each outing. Water sits in the locker, sloshes forward, and back under the gap in the front of the locker. After a few outings, the space is full.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    Do you mean the drain in the locker going to the rear of the boat? If the drain to the rear is broken, cracked or disconnected that may be the problem. It is still is a lot of water getting under the locker.
    yes the drain hole, water could get from the bildge area as well from fast stops etc. down hill trailering or just sloshing rollers over the bow around in the locker.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 11-08-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold