Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

I believe everyone here has had issues with the v-drives having water. I noticed the same thing with my DD but there is no ski looker. There is only a in floor ice chest right in front of the ski pole. I talked to the dealer who sent me to SC who eventually sent me back to the dealer. You can hear the water sloshing when you wiggle the boat. The dealer made a small hole and went in with a borro scopeand said not much water they could see and closed it up and said not to worry about it and SC supported that. my boat is an 06 outback I bought new and I still think the liftime hull warranty should cover something like this. I am not sure if I were to drill an access hole where I would even drill it on this boat? Any other DD owners have this issue?
    2006 Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by dkremp View Post
    I believe everyone here has had issues with the v-drives having water. I noticed the same thing with my DD but there is no ski looker. There is only a in floor ice chest right in front of the ski pole. I talked to the dealer who sent me to SC who eventually sent me back to the dealer. You can hear the water sloshing when you wiggle the boat. The dealer made a small hole and went in with a borro scopeand said not much water they could see and closed it up and said not to worry about it and SC supported that. my boat is an 06 outback I bought new and I still think the liftime hull warranty should cover something like this. I am not sure if I were to drill an access hole where I would even drill it on this boat? Any other DD owners have this issue?
    Contact John Buescher at Skiers Choice ([email protected]). He can pull up the schematics and tell you right where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

So I decided to find out for sure what was going on in my boat, 07 LSV. I could step on the floor of the ski locker and it felt really solid for the most part but I could hear a little water underneath, not much. I put a light in the locker and stuck my head up towards the bow and everything is completely sealed, no gaps anywhere like some have said they have. So I drilled a whole in about the middle of the locker and found a tiny bit of water on top of the foam, not much at all. I did not remove any foam at that time. There was about a 2 inch gap (space) between the floor of the locker and to top of the foam. I decided to drill one more at the back of the locker near the drain hole that goes to the back of the boat (under the gas tank). There was no gap at all between the floor of the locker and the foam and the foam was completely dry, not a drop of water. So I went back to the hole in the middle and started removing the foam and one I got towards the bottom there was a fair amount of water. I sucked about 2-3 gallons out. I went back and removed the foam at the back of the locker and found just a little water down at the bottom. So overall I didn't have a lot of water but there was definitely some trapped in there, just not sure where it came from. I'm glad I checked and will put a couple of plates over the holes and check it from time to time.
    Last edited by 996scott; 10-04-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    So I decided to find out for sure what was going on in my boat, 07 LSV. I could step on the floor of the ski locker and it felt really solid for the most part but I could hear a little water underneath, not much. I put a light in the locker and stuck my head up towards the bow and everything is completely sealed, no gaps anywhere like some have said they have. So I drilled a whole in about the middle of the locker and found a tiny bit of water on top of the foam, not much at all. I did not remove any foam at that time. There was about a 2 inch gap (space) between the floor of the locker and to top of the foam. I decided to drill one more at the back of the locker near the drain hole that goes to the back of the boat (under the gas tank). There was no gap at all between the floor of the locker and the foam and the foam was completely dry, not a drop of water. So I went back to the hole in the middle and started removing the foam and one I got towards the bottom there was a fair amount of water. I sucked about 2-3 gallons out. I went back and removed the foam at the back of the locker and found just a little water down at the bottom. So overall I didn't have a lot of water but there was definitely some trapped in there, just not sure where it came from. I'm glad I checked and will put a couple of plates over the holes and check it from time to time.
    Still not sure why this is a concern, wait till you guys get a wetslip, if there's less than a few inches of water in the bilge something is really wrong.. Lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

i know, it is a little of my ocd kicking in Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something going on that could potentially be a bigger problem.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Still not sure why this is a concern, wait till you guys get a wetslip, if there's less than a few inches of water in the bilge something is really wrong.. Lol
    Free Ballast
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Free Ballast
    Fiberglass is not waterproof and will absorb water over time causing your gelcoat to blister. If you don't own your boat long enough to (many years) for that to happen; the water as it heats up in the summer will create water vapor and if covered will create a breeding ground for mildew. In addition, that water will freeze. The freeze and thaw will degrade the foam. If there is enough water trapped in there you stand a pretty good chance of cracking your hull when it freezes.

I fixed mine the right way. My boat sits in the water from April to October and I never have water in the bildge. Unless I take roller over the bow. Which of course the wet-vac comes out and the boat's allowed to completely air dry before the cover is put on.

Trust me. If you ever let mildew start to grow, you will never get rid of it.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Fiberglass is not waterproof and will absorb water over time causing your gelcoat to blister. If you don't own your boat long enough to (many years) for that to happen; the water as it heats up in the summer will create water vapor and if covered will create a breeding ground for mildew. In addition, that water will freeze. The freeze and thaw will degrade the foam. If there is enough water trapped in there you stand a pretty good chance of cracking your hull when it freezes.

I fixed mine the right way. My boat sits in the water from April to October and I never have water in the bildge. Unless I take roller over the bow. Which of course the wet-vac comes out and the boat's allowed to completely air dry before the cover is put on.

Trust me. If you ever let mildew start to grow, you will never get rid of it.

Install cover vents to prevent mildew, Amazon, cheap.

Got 'em. Unless there's ventilation fan attached to them, they're not very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Got 'em. Unless there's ventilation fan attached to them, they're not very effective.
    Works for me and I live in a wet slip with bilge filled with water all season.