Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Hmmm ... I like this idea MUCH better than cutting the floor.
    Same here. The other huge bonus would be that you've also addressed the "stank locker" issue by adding that deck plate. Aaaand you get redundant bilge pumps which is nice peace of mind.

Just a note for every one.....they have been using foam for flotation for years, even back when they used wood for stringers and floors. Although the wood would rot and the foam would become saturated.....just browse the supra or cc forum... or visa versa, I do not believe it ever caused a serious structural problem.....But it is an issue and I believe t100 solution with a bilge pump is an appropriate solution.......due to the design and the fact that water seeps everywhere it may even be the permanent solution and find its way as OEM on newer models.....Just because I said it, does not make it right but it is the way it is.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Same here. The other huge bonus would be that you've also addressed the "stank locker" issue by adding that deck plate. Aaaand you get redundant bilge pumps which is nice peace of mind.
    The only real issue I see with this is getting a pump close to the floor. If it's not close it will still leave water there. With a deep v keel that will be a challenge. Now if weep holes can be added as SC suggests that would eliminate the rest. But that would require pulling the gas tank. Hmmm
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have an 08 XLV and I haven't noticed a squish sound in the basement of the boat but I've never compared the center compartment of the LSV/Outback to the XLV. I know for sure that the XLV center comparment has got to be much deeper that the other two models. However, I don't truly know if there is a false floor down there. As far as water getting into the bilge and/or under the void between the hull and gas tank...that's going to be from the in floor cooler on the XLV as it drains into that area in front of the gas tank and a small amount will come from the very little amount of water that will drip/leak from the ballast sac connectors in the center ballast. My boat storage area has a very steep incline that I pull my boat up (much steeper than the ramps) and I'll park there for a few minutes to allow that water from under the gas tank to make it's way to the "normal" bilge area and out the drain hole. So far, so good with me...I hope.

Well I had a couple extra minutes last night of free time so i grabbed the cordless drill with a 3/4 hole saw and started drilling-as soon as the pilot bit went thru I had water squirting up about a inch. Drilled the hole and water poured out for about 2 minutes-this is a 3/4 hole-that can only mean that the water is higher than the bottom of the ski locker floor. One good thing is the water didnt stink.

After 7 yrs of Moomba ownership with 2 boats this is the 1st time Ive really been upset about the product.

Plan to drill the hole out to 6" and add a deck plate and just vacum out the water once a month or so, or might put some tubeing down to the bottom and run it up to the side of the boat like the ballast drains-I could then just stand outside the boat and vacum the water from there-lost easier that way.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Well I had a couple extra minutes last night of free time so i grabbed the cordless drill with a 3/4 hole saw and started drilling-as soon as the pilot bit went thru I had water squirting up about a inch. Drilled the hole and water poured out for about 2 minutes-this is a 3/4 hole-that can only mean that the water is higher than the bottom of the ski locker floor. One good thing is the water didnt stink.

After 7 yrs of Moomba ownership with 2 boats this is the 1st time Ive really been upset about the product.

Plan to drill the hole out to 6" and add a deck plate and just vacum out the water once a month or so, or might put some tubeing down to the bottom and run it up to the side of the boat like the ballast drains-I could then just stand outside the boat and vacum the water from there-lost easier that way.
    Add another to the list

I kinda got the sme ideal last night, drill a 3/4" hole and see if water comes out, if so use a long piece of 3/4" copper pipe to the bottom (with holes drilled in it), attach a hose to it and siphon out all i can over the side and leave the hose there for the winter. That way i can repeatedly suck it out until totally empty/dry and repair in the spring.
    Last edited by Razzman; 11-04-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

dumb question, do supras have this issue too?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    dumb question, do supras have this issue too?
    Member 09outback stated his '03 Launch SSV has the this issue as well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Add Iowa05LSV to the list.

We had this exact issue (if you look back you will see the thread from 1+ year ago). Our dealer (B and B in Delhi IA) resolve the issue for us. Since we didn't get the boat on the water this year, I can't speak to if this was a perminant solution.
    Last edited by Iowa05LSV; 11-04-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: clearification

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa05LSV View Post
    Add Iowa05LSV to the list.

We had this exact issue (if you look back you will see the thread from 1+ year ago). Our dealer (B and B in Delhi IA) resolve the issue for us. Since we didn't get the boat on the water this year, I can't speak to if this was a perminant solution.
    Can you please go into some detail on what your dealer did?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand