Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

I have been watching this subject with great interest. So when I got to our garage this weekend,I looked in my bilge and ski locker and they were completely dry. The boat has been inside with the hatches open for 3 weeks. Just to see what would happen I jacked up the trailer until the rear touched the ground. After a few hours I had 4 gallons of water in a bucket under the wake plate. The boat was sitting level to slightly bow high before this. Any ideas?
    04 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    I have been watching this subject with great interest. So when I got to our garage this weekend,I looked in my bilge and ski locker and they were completely dry. The boat has been inside with the hatches open for 3 weeks. Just to see what would happen I jacked up the trailer until the rear touched the ground. After a few hours I had 4 gallons of water in a bucket under the wake plate. The boat was sitting level to slightly bow high before this. Any ideas?
    You have the same issue as the 21 pages of this post is all about

As YDM said it's probably the same issue throughout the thread. Read the thread, check the pics, read the diagnostic and see if that's your issue. And remember one thing, if the water does get in there it won't come out on it's own due to the drop keel as you found out so you either have to correct the issue or do what you've just done.

For the record i had to do that on my last boat all the time due to the drop keel, and no it wasn't a Moomba.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Did you do the squish test? Step into your ski locker and bounce a little along the length of your locker opening. Can you hear water under the ski locker floor?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

This could simply be from water between the bilge and the ski locker, i.e., under the gas tank. I can do the same with my boat - the bilge and the ski locker can be dry but when I park on a steep hill, water runs out from the area under the gas tank, into the bilge, and out the rear drain hole.

As far as we know, the water trapped under the ski locker will not drain out to the bilge as it is trapped there.

See pic below. This is the area I am talking about.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the info guys. I did read all 21 pages but most of you said if water gets in there it cant get out. I really dont think I had 4 gallons under the gas tank. But maybe I did, but it could have come from under the ski locker. Anyway you can try and see if it helps. The water did not come out all at once it came out over several hours. I could have more in the bucket this weekend, I will see.Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mikes; 11-09-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Addition
    04 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    The Malibu Boats forum no longer exists...
    http://www.themalibucrew.com/

My buddy gets good use out of it. Seems alive and well.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Quote Originally Posted by moombabound View Post
    http://www.themalibucrew.com/

My buddy gets good use out of it. Seems alive and well.
    I don't think that's a manufacturer supported forum. Which I think was Razz's point: quality concerns from the user community got so ugly that Malibu stopped having a discussion forum altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I don't think that's a manufacturer supported forum. Which I think was Razz's point: quality concerns from the user community got so ugly that Malibu stopped having a discussion forum altogether.
    Exactly Brain, Malibu pulled it for those reasons.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the info guys. I did read all 21 pages but most of you said if water gets in there it cant get out. I really dont think I had 4 gallons under the gas tank. But maybe I did, but it could have come from under the ski locker. Anyway you can try and see if it helps. The water did not come out all at once it came out over several hours. I could have more in the bucket this weekend, I will see.Thanks again.
    Yeah, 4 gallons seems like a lot from under the gas tank. And it would have come out all at once. Maybe in your case, some of the water under the locker is coming out under the bulkhead.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV