Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Just got to doing my today, got as much water out as I could but I can see it slowly accumulating. I'll come back tomorrow afternoon and see how much is in there. IMG_0638.jpg

I just bought an '02 Kamberra in May of this year (2015). Noticed when I stepped in the ski locker the first time that water was sloshing underneath. Add me to the list of victims.

Default Water trapped between hull and ski locker subfloor

Still not sure what the bid deal is.. Few extra pounds for fuel consumption?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Still not sure what the bid deal is.. Few extra pounds for fuel consumption?
    For me, it's winter storage. I have to shrink wrap the boat and any trapped water will create a high humidity environment ripe for mold and mildew damage.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I only opened mine to dry out for winter storage as well.

I bought a 2015 Outback V back in April of this year. I took my ballast bag out two weeks ago, stepped into the ski locker and go figure, I was standing on a wavy lake while the boat was up on the trailer. I figured I would try to drain it to the back, hooked my tractor to the ball and lifted the front end up until the trailer was nearly on the ground. It was a fruitless labor....... I too think mine is trapped. Sad day. I have contacted my dealer about getting it fixed and they're getting in touch with SC about it. I have to admit, I was shocked to find that this problem was spotted 5-6 years ago, and I'm seeing it in my boat now. Hopefully the warranty covers it, I bought it new, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

I wonder if the dealer would put an access port in for me instead of re-glassing it..... hmm.....

should have been fixed in 2009 , but the access port is a quick and easy mod to extract the water.......
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I tore mine apart this winter. The water was never coming from the bow. It actually comes from the bilge. There is a failure between the deck / hull bond creating a passage for water under the bulk head that seperates the ski locker from the bilge. In addition, whom ever installed the ski locker drain installed it at crooked and failed to seal around it. I ended up cutting out all the deck fiberglass and pulling all the foam (which was soaked) from the bilge are, under the bulk head and under the ski locker out. Re-foaming, Re-fiber glassed the hull deck joint, bypassing the bulkhead ski locker drain with a new drain, sealing the entire thing with epoxy and a good 2-3 coats of bilgekote. I left the access hatches I cut initially in the ski locker to make sure water was no longer getting trapped.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Skiiers choice was very helpful in helping me navigate the structure of the boat.. However, it was very obvious once I figured out where the water was coming from that this is 100% a manufacturing and poor design issue. If I had bought my boat new I would have pushed a warranty claim and not backed down. They should be covering this issue under warranty. There is no excuse!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Re: Water trapped between hull and ski locker subfloor

Does it really matter? It's foam and fiberglass so it's not going to rot.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead