Default Upholstry Repairs

I have one rip that is about 3 inches long in one of the seats, a couple other 1/2" rips in other spots. I am also noticing that stitching on the sundeck (at the stearn) is starting to come apart.
    A friend told me that I could purchase pre-cut upholstry kits from the dealers and manufacturers. Has anyone heard of this??
    Also, anyone aware of a good upholstry installer in the greater Seattle area that I could contact.
    Thanks in advance
    SCHNEIDER
    2002 MOBIUS LSV - RED
    FACTORY BALLAST - KICKER ZX-700.5 - 10" JL - POLK DB651's - FUSION TOWER SPEAKERS

Default Upholstery

Schneider, the skins for an 06 OBV are $140.00 ea for the L/R sections and $180.00 for the engine cover from SC through my dealer. If you have an XLV/LSV they will most likely be higher. Labor will be dependent on your locale, I would guess no less than $60.00 an hour. It is a no-brainer job to pull the old staples, refit and restaple. I would think no more than a 1 1/2 hour job. The biggst hinderence for a do-it yourselfer will be getting a staple gun with balls enough to staple into the plastic backer board. According to others on the site, SC has about a 4 week wait for upholstery replacements. Call a local dealer they should be able to have them drop shipped to your address from SC. Hope this helps.
    2006 Moomba OBV-"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you".

Perfect! That sounds very reasonable. I generally like the DIY projects but I also know when to stop. Will be looking for a local upohlster.
    I have seen the newer OBV's and they seem more like my "late model" 2002 LSV than the newer LSV's do, so I bet the pricing is similar.
    Anyways.... Thanks for the info.. I'll contact AWS in Oregon as my local dealer (2-hours away) says he won't drop-ship.
    SCHNEIDER
    2002 MOBIUS LSV - RED
    FACTORY BALLAST - KICKER ZX-700.5 - 10" JL - POLK DB651's - FUSION TOWER SPEAKERS

Heards in Prosser has replaced parts of my seats and much cheaper than going to SC.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD