Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    our lake started dropping the middle of august and is now down 133ft. it's sad to see, but it'll come back next year..
    wow thats huge, and i complain when they drop our lake 13 cm in the fall for spawning
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

well, it's actually a reservoir, part of 3 that are used for water storage for irrigation, flood control and recreation. blm manages the 3 and the one that we boat on(15 minutes from front door) is the lowest one in the chain and the one that gets dropped the lowest. they are dropping it further this year to do some dam work. it looks crazy. hoping to get up there in the next couple of days to snap a couple pics.

it was a valley that they flooded. there's a chimney from a house that has been buried under sediment in the last 50 years that sticks out once it's low. have to post a few once I get up there
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

You know the only nice thing about the low water levels in the winter is you can go out and find a anchor or two and other stuff on the bottom. No diving gear needed.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

We're still going strong in the middle of Texas. You can trunk it still but shorties make it more comfortable. No need for fullsuits yet, probably not for another few weeks. I'll be going strong into Dec if the air temps are decent

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ya, I don't hunt either.. I can't imagine the herds if they were not managed.. lots of debate here on the wolves helping that too..

This time of year we usually have an influx of american hunters up here blasting away at the geese and ducks. Pretty soon they will be here for the deer. It is great for our little town (400 people) as it provides a nice little boost to the economy... our little hotel is full for about 2 months... anyone with an old yardsite that has a house is renting it out to hunters. It's funny i went for lunch yesterday at the restaurant in town and my truck was the only one with saskacthewan plates on it... all the rest were american. I've had the same guys hunt birds on my land for the last 5 years.... and they always leave the kids $50.00 american each (that gets some big grins!!!) and they leave me and wife a couple big bottles of whiskey. They offered to pay for going on our land but i declined, there nice guys so why not!! As for the wolves we are seeing more moose moving down into our area and that means the wolves are pushing them down further south... we actually have a draw for moose tags in our zone for the first time this year!

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!