Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Nice of the guy to go no-chareg.

I recommend you look at your impeller now. That much dry firing might be cause for inspection....
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I think it calls for COLD BEER. Some for the mechanic and a couple for you too. Cheers!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting to see if you got this taken care of and glad to see it worked out well! Awful nice (really unbelievable) that the guy did it at no charge.

So, how did he actually get the straw out? Did he have some sort of tool to grab it?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I've been waiting to see if you got this taken care of and glad to see it worked out well! Awful nice (really unbelievable) that the guy did it at no charge.

So, how did he actually get the straw out? Did he have some sort of tool to grab it?
    He used a remote camera from snap on, a couple of long picks and a small pair of locking forceps.

When it happened, all I wanted to do was lay down in a dark room until the pain went away. Totally pooched.

I'm dropping off a case of Heinikein today.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

glad it all worked out..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    I'm dropping off a case of Heinikein today.
    Thanks for the details. "Foreceps" makes it sound like surgery.

Case of beer is a great payoff, although you might actually owe that guy a keg!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!!! I had a friend helping me winterize my boat. He was fogging the cylinders and said the straw came off and fell into the bilge, but we couldn't find it. I didn't even think about the possibility that it may have gone into the cylinder. I happened to see this thread as I was reading through the forum. After reading it, I took the plug out, and praise God, the straw happened to be in a place that I could see it. If it wasn't, I don't know if I would have keep looking to see if it was in there. After some praying, prodding, and poking, I was able to fish it out with a bent up coat hanger!

One note, i fog via the cylinders too. I put a small tie warp around on the fogging tube so if it comes off it wont make it into the cylinder

check out sea foams fogging oil.. It has a 14-16 inch red straw thats in a u-shape.. If it pops out it doesnt fall/shoot into the cylinder..

also home depots sells a mechanics pick up tube(in the tool crib) Its a long 1/4 flexi type tube. Has 4 tiny prongs that come out of the end of the tube(with a light)
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 11-16-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    Straw is out!!!!!!!

Thanks for the all the feedback and support.

Tried the shopvac with three different reducers - no luck
    I borrowed the Home Depot camera - too big

Took it to a mechanic - he had a Snap On camera which fit. He bumped the starter about a dozen times to get it. Definately a job for a pro. Took him and a helper about an hour - no charge.

Whew!!!!!
    Nice, and no charge! I guess you better return for service in the near future
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier