Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd think it would prob just melt and things will be ok, may have to replce the plug......let's have a poll
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

If he starts it the straw will melt and could get stuck on valve stem jam in guide causing the valve to stick ( I WOULD NOT START IT ) but that`s my opinion.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    If he starts it the straw will melt and could get stuck on valve stem jam in guide causing the valve to stick ( I WOULD NOT START IT ) but that`s my opinion.
    I would suspect that it would melt and go away. However, if it was my boat I would probably be pulling a cylinder head. Now you could start it and see what happens with the thought that you were going to have to pull the cylinder head anyway just to get it out if it does indeed cause some damage.
    Tough call here!

second the "do not start it" bandwagon. that has fail written all over it.
    I'd try the shopvac approach and if it didn't work, then pull the head. that can be done within the confines of the boat, and having to replace a piston means pulling the motor.

yanking the head should be fairly easy on a boat since everything is quite accessible...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I would not remove the head unless it`s the last resort, i would remove the ex manifold this way you could see the cylinder wall through the valve and part of the piston this way you should be able to pick it out ( this has happen to me on my stingray 4.3V6 it took 15 min to remove )
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

There is no way that I would start it until I had exhausted all the options that I could to find it. It seems to me that if it really is in there, you will get it out via one of the methods already mentioned. You mentioned the home depot camera which is what I would do to at least verify it is in there. Did that work?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Smile Straw is out!!!!!!!

Straw is out!!!!!!!

Thanks for the all the feedback and support.

Tried the shopvac with three different reducers - no luck
    I borrowed the Home Depot camera - too big

Took it to a mechanic - he had a Snap On camera which fit. He bumped the starter about a dozen times to get it. Definately a job for a pro. Took him and a helper about an hour - no charge.

Whew!!!!!
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

good to hear..resolved with No charge....wow.

Yay ........glad to hear all worked out, I bet you will sleep better tonight!!!!!
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    Straw is out!!!!!!!

Thanks for the all the feedback and support.

Tried the shopvac with three different reducers - no luck
    I borrowed the Home Depot camera - too big

Took it to a mechanic - he had a Snap On camera which fit. He bumped the starter about a dozen times to get it. Definately a job for a pro. Took him and a helper about an hour - no charge.

Whew!!!!!
    Great to hear this story had a happy ending. And awful nice of the mechanic not to charge you for two hours of their time. Hopefully, you will reward them with some business in the future.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV