Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake shapes

Default Wake shapes

Have many of yo guys out there wake boarded behind a variety of boats? I boarded behind quite a few many with a larger wake than my mob ls but one thing I can say I really like the nice rampy lip....my cousins calbria is like running into a curb.....I hate boarding behind it...but it's also better than a kick in the but
    Whats the best wake you have ridden behind?

Best wake by far was a Malibu V-Ride. Barely any lip, just a big bubbly ramp!

We recently tried out a 2009 Wakecraft ZR6 and it was rediculous! The wake had so much lip and energy behind it, it would pop you straight up and the landings were brutal. It's a great wake if you have troubles getting pop, but for those that dont... YIKES!

http://www.wakecraft.com/index.php?o...&id=8&Itemid=7

Mastercraft seems to have wide wakes and feel mushy.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

My boat! !!!!!!!
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Best wake by far was a Malibu V-Ride. Barely any lip, just a big bubbly ramp!
    I was going to say the opposite! I like the lip, more for a clean release than the extra kick. I struggle when I ride behind my buddy's Malibu, though I'm sure (hope?) I'd get used to it in time.

I'd have a hard time picking a clear #1 but the 205v wakes are pretty nice...

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I was going to say the opposite! I like the lip, more for a clean release than the extra kick. I struggle when I ride behind my buddy's Malibu, though I'm sure (hope?) I'd get used to it in time.

I'd have a hard time picking a clear #1 but the 205v wakes are pretty nice...
    I have friends that prefer more lip also but I feel like the more lip you have, the more chance of tripping on it.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I like the ramp of my XLV and the size of it. My friends have a 03 LSV and were intimidated by it but they ended up enjoying it once they got used to it. I have two other friends both with Malibu LSV (04 and 07) and I like both those wakes...big and alot of pop with a nice lip to it that gives some kick. I still haven't ridden behind my buddy's SANTE but I'm dying to.

I have an '01 mobius and at about 23mph with the factory rear ballast and about 5+ people its a suprisingly nice wake, though kinda narrow. I have a friend with an '07 Malibu V-Ride and with the wedge, ballast and some peeps its a nice wake, steeper than mine, though again kinda narrow. The V-Ride is basically the old Wakesetter. Both boats have a narrow beam, i believe 97". I have ridden behind a few 22ssv Launch's, and with all the ballast, i think its the best wake...Wide, solid, and a nice ramp. I have also ridden behind a Mastercraft X-45 and was slightly disappointing. But the boat is so big you really need some weight to get it to sit deep. The stock ballast really dosnt do that much... There are so many other boats i would like to ride. Tige' RZ2, Centurion Enzo 230... and a newer Wakesetter. Though so far my fav is the Supra 22 Launch. I think thats basically the diff from the Supra's and Moomba hull is the extra width and draft which adds to better wake...imo.
    '01 Mobius

Quote Originally Posted by flatH20 View Post
    I have to admit the V-ride wake is quite nice! -only bubbly when it's weighted wrong in the boat. they actually market the boat as an "entry level" v-drive but like someone already mentioned its just a wakesetter without the bling or price...
    Interesting.

I ride behind a v-ride often and its always the same (bubbly wake) with the ballast filled. What would he be doing wrong?

Older Super Air 2005 and older I think= Serious straight up pop ! Lazy mans wake easy to blow up but hurts my knee's and back....LOL

205V X2 X1= Maybe one of the best wakes when loaded right in my opinion, Big and poppy like a Super Air but not quite so angry.

2007-2008 VLX is my personal favorite, And it only had about 500 pounds over stock. Just really good shape with a kick at the top.

I've heard really good things about the Sanger 215 but have yet to ride one. A friend is looking at buying one so it will be on my "have ridden list " soon hopefully.

I like my LSV most of the time LOL, Good vert and a bit of ramp mixed in. Nice compromise of the two. I don't get too many complaints about it.

I will say this though, Any boat can be crappy if not loaded right !
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

05' V-ride is my favorite probably due to the smaller 96" beam. Very nice release, extra 500lbs over stock.

I have a Centurion Avalanche with blade. Blade on and '2' or more it's way too straight up, very abrupt shot up. Wake is very wide on 100" beam plus Centurions.

Cent Avy without blade but an extra 500lbs in the middle is a beautiful big ramp but again very wide wake. I like the lip and size/meat, it's just so wide compared to the V-ride.

Enzo is just like the Avy but not as sensitive to weight. I prefer to shape the wake with the switchblade. Very wide.

Centurion Falcon V. Very nice wave, wide wake, prefer 500lbs in the middle to make it big.