Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wake shapes

Quote Originally Posted by yager97 View Post
    the malibu is a 2000, 3 years older and is not much bigger than the Moomba, the beam is definately smaller, more freeboard, and maybe an inch or two longer.
    That's the reason, it's more narrow with more freeboard AND a Malibu so it's heavier built. All this equals to that boat sitting deeper in the water which is displacement which equals wake.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    That's the reason, it's more narrow with more freeboard AND a Malibu so it's heavier built. All this equals to that boat sitting deeper in the water which is displacement which equals wake.
    I think thats a very valid reason as to why it will create a bigger wake easier with less weight, but its more the shape of the wake that I'm talking about, which I think personally has alot to do with a hull design, whats underneath the boat, is going to reflect what comes out behind the boat. I can get my 2003 wake big, it just doesn't have the same desirable shape to it, its alot like slamming into a vertical wall as the wake usually curls over, and this is not a speed issue we ride anywhere from 23-25mph. I'm going to try putting a little more up front next year and see where that takes me.

I think thats a very valid reason as to why it will create a bigger wake easier with less weight, but its more the shape of the wake that I'm talking about, which I think personally has alot to do with a hull design, whats underneath the boat, is going to reflect what comes out behind the boat. I can get my 2003 wake big, it just doesn't have the same desirable shape to it, its alot like slamming into a vertical wall as the wake usually curls over, and this is not a speed issue we ride anywhere from 23-25mph. I'm going to try putting a little more up front next year and see where that takes me.
    My friends 03 LSV is liking hitting a curb, not much ramp to it

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    My friends 03 LSV is liking hitting a curb, not much ramp to it
    like this.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

like this.....
    Yep, that's it. Even the inside of the wake is the same. When you go from inside to out it's like hopping down. My XLV has a decent inside to out wake that you can do jumps on...even they commented on how fun the inside to out wake was the first time they were on my boat this summer.