Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wonder what kind of a surf wave a sailboat makes

wonder how high a percentage of this crap the boat's and related parts can handle
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

you should notice an increase in the pep if you use true e-85. it's like 107octane vs. 85-89 depending on what you run. lots of the import guys are switching to run e-85 as it's like racegas at the pump. it does cut mileage a ton. you won't see any difference in regular 10% ethanol blended regular gas in your rig in power..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    On the subject of bad news, the depleted Federal Highway Trust Fund is causing some stir among policy makers who are talking about raising the current federal gas tax of $0.19 per gallon to possibly as high as $0.39. I just hope there is a carve out for boats since they have nothing to do with cost of maintaing roads, bridges, or airport runways. My guess is that a carve out won't happen and everyone pulling up to a pump to buy gas for a boat, lawn mower, or snow blower will be kicking in to the Fund.
    If you lived in Texas there is a form to fillout and you send it to the Texas Comptrollers Office and you get back all the road tax in each gallon of gas you use in your boat. You file this form once per year (any 12 month period, it's not specific, it just has to be a 12 month period) and it's not related to federal income tax and Texas does not have a state income tax.

Sandman is right that car tuners are modding cars to get the performance out of true E-85 which is just like race gas. We are waiting for a close gas station to do the wife's Evo X.

I have a 5.7l mercruiser engine in my boat. I felt some knock over the summer running 87 octane (blended in the summer around here) so I switched to 93 octane which is supposed to be E free. been running great. Just found the great affects of Sea Foam gas additive and love the stuff every few tanks in the cars and now boat.

Not a biggie, I used to have an Austin Healey that wanted lead gas. Just buy the additives in cases. Probably have to do with stabil or sea foam in the future. still a thumbs down.

sailing, all I have to say is u suck

I really miss my evo9. had an 8 and the 9 was a huge upgrade. can only imagine what the 10 is like..
    sold it for the boat and am happy, but something about a turbo pushing you back into the seat at 3500rpm's is very satisfying...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Interesting facts here on additives.......looking at stabil marine....is it overpriced blue coloured marine stabil?
    http://www.fuel-testers.com/is_gas_a..._e10_list.html
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Last time I bought marine stabil it was 2x the price of the regular but treated 2x as much per ounce.

true, the little container does tx 300 litres and it gives you a piece of mind
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

We are experiencing ethanol problems in our fishing boat with a Yamaha four stroke outboard. If you leave ethanol gas in your boat for a couple of months, expect some fuel injector clogging and a host of other crap. If you have looked at the business end of a fuel injector, the spray nozzles are tiny and doesnt take much to block them up. Freaking ethanol.....

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    If you lived in Texas there is a form to fillout and you send it to the Texas Comptrollers Office and you get back all the road tax in each gallon of gas you use in your boat. You file this form once per year (any 12 month period, it's not specific, it just has to be a 12 month period) and it's not related to federal income tax and Texas does not have a state income tax.
    That's cool! I never heard of that - thanks! I searched the Texas Comptrollers website and found the form. Here's the link for you Texans:

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinf...rms/06-106.pdf

Do you know how much you get back per gallon? I wonder which other states have this type of refund?
    2006 Outback DD