Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

how hard is the install on these? and roughly whats the group price gonna be?

Is there any where else to install the heater other than the bow side of the driver's hump? I'm thinking that is the standard home form them?
    I done gone and put a sub enclosure on top of the hump and it protrudes out past the hump where the heater usually sits and lines come out. I don't know if I have enough room there now

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

You guys should move on this if you are thinking at all about a heater. It is one of the most appreciated creature comfort features. It cost me $550 as a factory option when I ordered my 2007 Outback and includes a three-speed fan and three outlets (two w/ hoses and one at helm to keep driver's feet nice and warm). Well worth the money. Make sure you winterize it properly at season end to keep the core and lines form cracking.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I'm on board for the 337h4C 4-port heater. Let me know how to finalize this.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    how hard is the install on these?
    Not too bad. See below.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10840

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Is there any where else to install the heater other than the bow side of the driver's hump? I'm thinking that is the standard home form them?
    I done gone and put a sub enclosure on top of the hump and it protrudes out past the hump where the heater usually sits and lines come out. I don't know if I have enough room there now
    Yes, on the front (fore) side of the hump is where the factory normally installs the heater core but you can install it anywhere as long as you can run the heater hose (the flex duct) from the core to where you want to install the vents. The longer the run, the less CFM you'll have at the vents so you want to keep it as short as possible. Also, the heater core takes up a bit of space. The factory installs it where it does because (1) it uses space that is generally unused and (2) it's close to where the hot tubes are installed (in the walkway). Installing the hot tubes there also does not use up valuable storage space.

I've seen the core and the hot tubes installed in the storage space under the seat behind the driver's seat but it pretty much took up all the storage space there.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Wife says it's the best addition to the boat. Happy kids and wife = happy boating. I got the 3 'tubes' this past spring. Complete system $550, install by dealer $350. To give you an idea of retail.

FYI, if the hot water run is too long at the footwell, it might not get hot enough for your liking at idle (and in very cold water). You can get a secondary water pump to aleviate this problem.

I've got 10 interested. Can you send me an email if you want to go ahead

[email protected] subject - heater

I'm going to need your given name and address.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    I've got 10 interested. Can you send me an email if you want to go ahead

[email protected] subject - heater

I'm going to need your given name and address.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    As a point of reference, I paid $400 plus shipping for the three outlet complete kit including three pull out hot tubes and zero euro vents from go2marine.com earlier this year.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Email sent with questions.

Email came back undelieverable.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Count me in, spoke with Danny on the kit I want... Once you got the ten lt me know....

thx