Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chalmette, LA 10 miles South of New Orleans

Default RED light under gear shifter???

I just noticed that the Red light under my gear shifter is ON. the light comes on once i start the boat and only goes OFF after i put the boat in gear and throttle up the around 1000 rpms. Under the red light is says do not run engine over 1200rpms if red light is on. But the light goes off at 1000-1200 rpms. i checked my oil in my V-drive and its good i also noticed though that after riding for a little while the v-drive does get a little hot, but that could be normal i dont know.
    any help would be Great thanks

I am pretty sure its normal.

I think it says "do not run engine if the light is on above 1200 rpm" or something along those lines.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Hi there
    It is normal for the red light to be turned on when you are in neutral, and as you wrote it turns off when you put the boat in gear.

The V-drive gets cooled with water and gets a little bit warm during operation.

Take care.

Absolutely normal. This light serves as your fluid level indicator for your v-drive. If the light stays on above 1200 rpm, your fluid level is low. But yes, it should be lit up BRIGHT RED when the boat is in neutral or just barely in gear.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Mine Never lights up! But then again, I have the DD.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

watch that light if you surf. I noticed that the factory fill does not allow enough fluid if the boat is listing to one side. I had to add a little more to get it to go off when surfing..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Thanks for clearing this issue up as I too have a DD and didn't know anything about a light under the throttle.

Chalmette, LA 10 miles South of New Orleans

Default Thank you all very much i feel much better now.

thanks again

it is the light for the pressure switch on the vdrive.......it will be on untill the oil pressure in the vdrive exceeds 2 psi....the v drive normally operates between 6 and 12 psi. i would suggest keeping the vdive at the full mark rather than the low mark.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    OK - Jinxed myself. I was in the process of winterizing (boat on trailer) and fogging the intake manifold. Got the arrestor off and pushed on the throttle flap to fog and that tripped my RED check engine light? What NOW? Did it trip a code on the ECM or something?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet