Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not to get too far off topic, but: My experience is that Craftsman now tells you "too bad" when their tools break. I have 2 broken ratchets that have seen very light use. Based just on the ratchets I have concluded that their product ain't what it used to be. So the other side of the coin is that if it costs more and its crap then I'd rather have the Chinese ratchet-- which is probably what the Craftsman one is now anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

wow, interesting kane. I haven't been to sears in a while for breakage as I have not had a need to use a screwdriver as a prybar.. I do have a ratchet that is about ready to give it up. that last nail I pounded in did it
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    still a good deal that would have made me go HP vs krypt.

Sandm, you have access to you boat during the winter months or is it away in storage someplace.? Maybe we could do a direct hlcd comparison kind prop test gone audio. i'll send you a pm if you are interested.

I bought mine last november, and I believe I paid $350/set, but that was unloaded. I used the factory roswell cans as I like the look of them. I would guess that the pricing at that time was to relieve some excess inventory with them now discontinued.

not sure what you have in mind for an audio test. one of the first things any reputable shop will tell you is to bring your own test music when buying speakers since they are a totally subjective purchase. I have heard Bose 901's and were not impressed, but most audio purists will tell you that they are one of the best speakers ever built.
    I do have access to the boat, but it's not truly set up for listening. it's completely covered and tower is folded down onto the top of the cover, with batteries removed. I can get it turned on tho.

Sandm, I was thinking of sending them to you to throw up in you setup and fade back and forth to hear the diffrences. Yours are in the roswell and mine in seperate pod. Good thought but probably not worth the trouble.

Now if David wants to send me a HP 6.5 i will be sure to test it in my pod in may and report the results ... or maybe i can send it to david and he can do an unbiased report....
    Last edited by jmvotto; 10-15-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

would be nice, but since bullet isn't offering the 6.5's anymore, probably not relavent. you will enjoy them once you have them installed. hlcd's are sooo much better than the standard 6.5's

this will be one winter project you will enjoy..

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    would be nice, but since bullet isn't offering the 6.5's anymore, probably not relavent. you will enjoy them once you have them installed. hlcd's are sooo much better than the standard 6.5's

this will be one winter project you will enjoy..
    I have the krypt 6.5" in aerial cans, just wanted to test the difference of the existing HP 6.5"'s
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The comparison would be pointless. Its common knowledge and fact that Krypt pulled a backdoor deal with the China builder to bybass all of the R&D, tooling, overseas travel, etc. that the original Bullet had invested in. Krypt got away with pure theft in that all they had to do was pay the tooling for a grill option that Bullet had already designed. They only had to add their logo. The compression tweeters are different between the two which constitutes the only major difference. I doubt a cheaper Krypt tweeter connected to the same horn will make a difference at 80 feet. Besides, Bullet discontinued their 6 1/2-inch proposition. Don't see any point in continuing to send this issue up the flagpole but the above should just about conclude exactly what it is that fuels the irritation. Bullet had a binding foriegn and domestic agreement with the builder which the builder broke. Bullet sent a guy to China to retrieve all tooling. Krypt can't get replacement or service parts. From here on out any new Krypt product will be a copycat product but without the above ethical conflict. So the playground will be open in my opinion.

that's what sucks about dealing with the chinese...
    I work in a distribution center for a regional retailer(think like target) and I can list several occasions where my floor ready department has had to re-tag clothing that came in with kohls, kmart, macy's, you name it tags on them. had sweaters one year at our store and another "mall" retailer with a $40 difference for each one(we were cheaper).. it's rampant over there...

Thumbs down

Truer words were never spoken.