Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

that is a good way to feel and I bet that you take great pride in what you do own.

however remember that not everyone can do that.. I'm sure that initially, the price of the 20k harley was part of the reason you bought the cheaper one. in your own words, it was a good bike. there are countless examples of this all over americana. how many of you go to the grocery store and buy generic or store-branded groceries. same concept.

not condoning someone "stealing" another design, but having stuff made in china is an invitation to having a vendor's stuff sold across the black market.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We have all bought the generic version of something in our lifetime, i could go on and on about that.

I was just trying to inform the moomba community that there is a bargain going on for 6.5" HLCD pass along a deal that was e-mailed to me.

the moomba community is very valued oriented on some things, thats why we own moomba's not MC or nautiques, and why group buys boost some retailers sales, a perceived deal.

I think everyone knows the history here so its not about service, warranty, etc. atcually the customer service side of krypt has been good. IMO.

as YDM stated, I would wait for a sale for quality equipment, me too, but whens the last time those three that were mentionedf, havehad a sale on sale..... maybe the bullet HP 6.5 two years ago $200 unloaded as i recall

One company has made and effort and a very genereous effort to convert a budget minded or just naive moomba owner over to their product. can you say winter project...

$ for $ you can't beat it, not everyone can throw 500 to 1000 bucks at a set of tower speakers. there is a market and there are satisfied customers and they will be converts who wish they bough the harley in the first place, or the MC, or the nautique

not sure why this little sale and this "nobody" sparks so much heated debate.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 10-14-2010 at 03:21 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

We are certainly not having a heated debate here on this forum on this subject unless you feel we are. I respect the fact that Moomba is a value minded community and I already took that perspective into account before making my comments. I definitely have the same right in expressing my thoughts.
    As for why this particular individual sparks so much debate you can clear that issue up by doing a search on CenturionCrew or WakeWorld pertaining to HLCD tower speakers, equalizers, underwater lights, fiberglass work and a number of other products and services. I won't give a summary as you should do the search and come to your own conclusions.
    As for sharing the sale information I see nothing but doing the community a service there. Don't get sensitive about that because that has never been the issue in this exchange of perspectives.

debate is good. it is nice to see earmark very passionate about what they sell. that speaks to their company and what should result in the service after the sale(very satisfied with my bullet purchase and hope to end up with 770's someday). sometimes people do forget that not everyone has deep pockets or wants to spend the $$ on top end gear. bet there are many moomba owners that could very easily be in a mc, but chose value for the $$ over status

so how many you hangin on the tower? 6??
    Last edited by sandm; 10-14-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Sandman, I am hanging two. the 1 5/8 tower really can't support a lot more that that.

David,
    I have read all those in the past and understand the he said she said debate. most everyone on here knows about bulletlines its all over the web as you state.

we all have made customer relation mistake or irritated a customer or potential customer along the way from time to time. unfortunately the web can really stretch the truth... enough said.

your site has about the most detailed marine audio gear and accesories i have ever browsed, and i have referred your site many times to others for your promos etc. this was just another deal available to our forum members and i thought it stated "budget minded" which infers cheap i guess.

Didn't Perer Drucker state something like " success is based Innovation and marketing" some comapny's have both, some have one or the other.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

As the father of modern business management if Peter says it then its true. Btw, the Harley example was just one experience and not to be overlearned or applied to every buying decision. I'll buy a Craftsman tool over a Snap-On
    most of the time. But I'll buy a Snap-On multibit screwdriver if I'm using it industrially where I can't be bothered with constant replacement bits even if covered under warranty. One of the key points in these analogies is that a Moomba may have less frills than a MC but no one questions the quality or integrity of a Moomba. Moomba has no stigma attached to the brand. Based on that I would have no reservations in owning a Moomba and taking great pride in it. We work on them constantly for the local dealer as a matter of fact.

I wonder then if the stigma attached to krypt is more the guy that sells them seems to be somewhat shady vs the actual product. there seems to be some issues out there as it relates to getting repairs done, but yet there are satisfied customers as well. I have bought many sears tools over the years(craftsman vs snapon) and had to deal with replacements. sometimes the experience is easy, and sometimes it's very painful. the salesman makes that determination

I do second jm's comment on the earmark website. I have drooled.. er looked over their site many times. I'd love to put together a new system from their catalog I got superb service from the boat guy there when I was on the fence for tower speakers. ultimately it was him that sold me on the $700+ order for the 4 bullets. as I said, the salesman makes the determination

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I got superb service from the boat guy there when I was on the fence for tower speakers. ultimately it was him that sold me on the $700+ order for the 4 bullets. as I said, the salesman makes the determination
    You got 4 loaded HP 6.5 HLCD's for 700+.?
    I would have been all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

They weren't loaded if I recall? SandM cut out his current cans to squeeze in some 6.5's. Check out his profile pics or his mod thread

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    They weren't loaded if I recall? SandM cut out his current cans to squeeze in some 6.5's. Check out his profile pics or his mod thread
    still a good deal that would have made me go HP vs krypt.

Sandm, you have access to you boat during the winter months or is it away in storage someplace.? Maybe we could do a direct hlcd comparison kind prop test gone audio. i'll send you a pm if you are interested.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold