Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Surf board to buy?

I have the hyperlite broadcast 5'6". I love this board for beginners, which I was at the beginning of the season but now I want something faster and more responsive. I would like to know what board you guys would buy. I would like it to be in the 4'2" to 4'9" range, I think. I also do not want to spend a ton of money, something in the $500 or under price point. Thanks

you'll get lots of suggestions here. I too have an HL 5'6" broadcast. Inland surfer makes a nice board. i was looking at the squirt, but the blue lake is fun to ride.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That is what I don't understand the difference between the different models like the Squirt and the Blue lake or any other company's boards. Maybe guys could give there opinion and then say why, like it is fast and loose or fast and tight. That would be great.

I like the Phase 5 boards. The Prop model sounds like it might work well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    That is what I don't understand the difference between the different models like the Squirt and the Blue lake or any other company's boards. Maybe guys could give there opinion and then say why, like it is fast and loose or fast and tight. That would be great.
    Blue lake is faster and more boyant than the HL and fron the video the squirt is more of a budget spinner vs a carver..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

This page is a good start for comparisons. But you have to ride them to know how they feel to you:

http://www.wakeboarder.com/products.php?products_id=23
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

pretty much all the non-wakeboard company surfboards are going to be much faster and more reponsive, so you really won't miss with inland or phase5.

Skimstyle is more about edging and much better for surface spins. Thinner and sink more for startups by beginners even on highend skim boards. Both IS and phase5 have tri-fin models now so it's not as squirlly/loose for beginners. Once you get good, take out the outer fins.

Surfstyle: inland surfer are great and fast. one thing is their construction method holds up better to dings, but is also slightly heavier than hand shapped boards.

I'd recommend the sweetspot. Towanza.com had one for sale on the cheap. Squirt with different fin setups is good too. Blue lake was for 190-240lb riders on my boat, too big for the rest of us. Just don't get a wakeboard company board IMO.

I been a boat owner for the last 3 years now. Like you,for the last 2 years we surf on hyperlite broadcast 5'6" . This year, I bought 2 boards at towanza. Phase 5 prop for the wife and kids and a Phase 5 Drew Danielo Pro Carbon for me . Best investment I ever made. For the last 2 years I struggle to surf without a rope in the pocket. But with these boards, everything comes easy. They are fast and very user friendly. Most of my friends who try out waksurfing for the first time use my boards and can free surf freely after 4 o 5 tries.

Check out my video on You tube. Everybody except for the first 3 people (my wife,daghter and me) are wakesurfing for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLPmXhjBkg

You guys are really having some fun there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I just love this sport..It's going to be a long winter.