Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

agreed........but if you circulate the anti-freeze in a catch basin and let er run for 5-10 minutes I would suggest that the opening/closing of the tstat would allow enough anti-freeze to cycle through the block for winter protection - no?

I wouldn't trust sucking a few gallons of anti-freeze out and immediately shutting it off either which is what is referenced in the post as I go back and read it. Just got confused from your comments is all

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    agreed........but if you circulate the anti-freeze in a catch basin and let er run for 5-10 minutes I would suggest that the opening/closing of the tstat would allow enough anti-freeze to cycle through the block for winter protection - no?
    yes definitely using a catch basin and cycling will work as long as the water to antifreeze dilution is ok for your climate your in. The cooling system capacity of our engines is prob around 3 gallons so if your using 3 gal of antifreeze you are diluting it 50 %
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug