Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    While I agree for the most part, here's a blog post on removing Fly High fittings that have been cemented in.

We also offer fitting removal as a service if you don't want to risk it.
    I plan on sending you one of my 1100 sacs that had this done at the dealer. Now why in the hell would my dealer cement one sac's fittings and not the other is beyond me. Also, I'll request a second fitting be added to the top of the sac. As it is, my 1100's have a fill and vent on top. However, I want to add the 3rd top fitting so when switching surf ballast from side to side I can assist my stock pump by using the Tsunami 1200 draining one sac and connecting the hose to the sac I'm filling...thus killing two birds with one stone and fill/drain times cut more than in half.

Yeah, that's exactly what happens, the positioning of the bag, and the force when it fills is enough to pop the fitting out, so really only the bottom NEEDS to be cemented in.

Unfortunately we can't add a port to a bag that has already been made, because of the way the tooling works there's no way to get access to the inside of the bag once the pieces are put together.

Thanks for the heads up Jason. I was bummed when I asked Fly High directly about sending back my enzo sac for more ports and the only explination was 'no, we can't do it'.

Love my jumbo bag

FYI, my enzo sac was a refurbished sac (I think by Evo) where it looked like a big area was cut out and re-seamed. I never had a problem with it and would buy another refurbed sac, at half the cost of course (:

No problem. I wish there was an easy way for us to add ports to bags, it would certainly make a lot of the installs we do here quicker and cheaper for our customers.

We receive blem/refurb/factory 2nd bags from Fly High regularly, and they all end up in the On Sale category of our site, so keep an eye on that if you're looking for a deal. They sell fast though, and we typically only receive one or maybe two of a bag at a time.