Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Sacks

Yeah the 06 to 08 obv are the same as the pre-06 lsv for the most part.. its full.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    wow. that 750 takes up your entire space.

After seeing that, I'm really surprised when I have mine filled, I still have room to put a couple vests on top of it.

The 1100 is getting more and more interesting. Just gotta find that right price.

Yes indeedy, if I were to get a pair of 1100's (at the right price) I would have a pair of 750's for sale (or trade in). They have the fittings for the new G3 ballast (1" fill, 3/4" vent)
    Yep the older OBV has a lowewr freeboard and side wall. "Thats all we can go there captain."
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Nice pic of a full sac in the locker!

Ed, shoot me an email, we'll get you sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    the 1100 is going to be to big for the lsv 04 750 fits perfect. Ed may sell you his....
    jm,

Is that a 20" round x 50" long sac?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

It's a Fat Sac (50" x 20" x 20"), it just looks rounded because it's so full.

Ed I am very interested in picking up your 750's pm me the info if you decide to upgrade.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

While I agree for the most part, here's a blog post on removing Fly High fittings that have been cemented in.

We also offer fitting removal as a service if you don't want to risk it.

So the bags are set up for 3/4" quick connects?

I plan on redoing my ballast system. Right not it has the G3 system with the water bed fittings and 3/4" line. I don't think that I am going to replace all the lines just new pumps and possibly a IBS.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I'm not talking glued from the factory here.

I'm talking forever joined.

The fittings kept coming out of the bags and gushing water into my engine compartment.

I used the best PVC glue available at an irrigation supply house - the stuff the contractors use for pipe that is wet or dry.

Never had a leak or a loose fitting again.

I would not sell the bags to anyone who may want to change the 1" fitting, unless they begged, offered me huge bags of money and had a notorized release form.
    Haha, I hear you, but we can get those fittings out too.

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    So the bags are set up for 3/4" quick connects?

I plan on redoing my ballast system. Right not it has the G3 system with the water bed fittings and 3/4" line. I don't think that I am going to replace all the lines just new pumps and possibly a IBS.
    New Guy- 2008 and earlier boats use 3/4" fittings for both of the connections to the bag regardless of the systems. 2009 and newer boats all use one 3/4" connection for the vent, and a 1" connection for the fill/drain into the bottom of the boat.

Because the fittings are cemented into the bags you'll want to double check what year boat they came from if you're buying them used, or simply buy new bags with the correct fittings based on what year boat you have.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    While I agree for the most part, here's a blog post on removing Fly High fittings that have been cemented in.

We also offer fitting removal as a service if you don't want to risk it.
    Great link. Earlier this summer I talked directly with FlyHigh to get directions and they walked me through this exact procedure. Worked like a charm

As far as leaky fittings........my new bags I just screwed in the quick disconnects hand tight and not a leak yet. Must be lucky

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet