Thread: Fuel Filter

Default Fuel Filter

Per Anthony at Skiers Choice, the factory fuel filter in an Outback can be replaced with any inline metal (holds up better than plastic) fuel filter with 1/2 inch in and 1/2 inch out ends. The factory fuel filter in mine is a Carquest product. Could not find a cross reference with the local auto parts store so checked with Anthony.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I just bought mine from Skidim.com

http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=3299

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Per Anthony at Skiers Choice, the factory fuel filter in an Outback can be replaced with any inline metal (holds up better than plastic) fuel filter with 1/2 inch in and 1/2 inch out ends. The factory fuel filter in mine is a Carquest product. Could not find a cross reference with the local auto parts store so checked with Anthony.
    Carquest 86299 or NAPA 3299 are equivalent to the factory filter. I went with the NAPA as they had one in stock.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Carquest 86299 or NAPA 3299 are equivalent to the factory filter. I went with the NAPA as they had one in stock.
    The NAPA 3299 worked great for me. It was productive to call ahead. Not all of the local stores had stock, and the one that did only keeps one in stock at a time.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Default Fuel Filter for Outback

Thanks for all the help AGAIN!!!

Peace
    Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback